HELP on weight loss!

Options
Hi everyone,

I've been dieting for about 3 weeks now. I lost 2 pounds in the first week and a half. I'm not losing anymore weight. It's been the same ever since. I'm getting very frustrated. It would be nice to see .5 pounds off my current weight. What am I doing wrong? I eat healthy, portion size, and workout at least 5-6 times a week for at least an hour. I do cardio (running, elliptical, bike, walking on an incline) only because I want to slim down. I don't want to get muscular. Maybe I'm not eating enough calories because I workout very often? I know it's only been 3 weeks but I'm frustrated. I'm 5'2 and 118 pounds. My goal weight is 101 (No hate comments please). I already know I'm at a healthy weight but I don't feel slim and confident. I use to weigh 104 and was super comfortable. If anyone has advice, please feel free to advise me. Thanks!

Replies

• bradley8161984
    Options
    How many calories are you consuming compared to how many you're burning with these workouts??
  • josiejlee
    josiejlee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I consume about 1400 calories daily and burn about 350 calories a day. Sometimes I burn 500-600 calories but that's usually once a week.
  • bradley8161984
    Options
    I would.say maybe a slight cut in calories might help. Due to the fact that you are at a healthy weight the little bit that you want to lose will be very difficult.
  • josiejlee
    Options
    I thought I would have to eat a bit more calories since I workout very often but thanks for your input!
  • bradley8161984
    Options
    Well yes you're right because if you don't replace what you expend and your intake is too low your body will go into starvation mode and store everything consumed. However if you eat small meals and replace a high amount of what you burn and keep your metabolism active then if you cut your calories a smidge you will lose weight. It will take a while though too.
  • monk3y80
    monk3y80 Posts: 1
    Options
    It may be not the amount of calories but instead what kinds of foods you are actually consuming. I have been trying to lean down as well and have had a hard time. I recently changed my intake of foods and went gluten free. I weighted myself yesterday and had lost 1 pound. I have been reading a book called "eat right 4 your type." This has changed my perspective on what is right for me. Take a look....and good luck :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear and can be masked by water weight fluctuations. You need to give it 4 weeks before deciding your weight loss has stalled.

May sure you have set up your targets correctly (as you only have a little to lose you should only look to 1/2 lb a week) and eat back about 50 - 75% of your exercise calories. Log everything, use scales and be patient.
  • TomTomato
    TomTomato Posts: 223
    Options
    Find out your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure). I've read that 80% of that would be a healthy eating goal. If you eat less than that, you run the risk of slowing your metabolism. If you aren't familiar with calculating TDEE, just Google it. I choose to use the multiplier for sedentary lifestyle since MFP adds the cals to my daily goal when I log my exercise.
  • josiejlee
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice everyone :)