Was doing well, now I'm not as motivated:/

Options
I was just wondering if any of you have used MFP with success and find when you are off of it that you start to gain the pounds back? If so, do you find that being on MFP is really the only thing that works for you and that tracking makes you accountable? I was doing really well on it (I had lost 16lbs at one point!) but lost some motivation, had a few bad days and I'm struggling to get back on track. I know that it worked great for me when I was on it. I guess part of me feels like it's a bit tedious but I guess I should stick to what was working? Any input would be great, thanks!

Replies

• suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I joined last year, lost a little weight and convinced myself that I could do it on my own. Didnt work, I just gained it all back. There are days, I just dont feel like logging, but, I do it anyway. I took pictures of myself , sideways, front and back. That, for me, was motivation enough. Add to that checking out the message boards and seeing what people go through, but, they reach their goals. Well, that motivates me, big time. I spend about 15 a day logging, another 15 checking messages and the main boards. 1/2 hour a day to feel good. In the big scheme of life, thats not a big deal. For me, I just had to be completely sick and tired of being sick and tired.
  • AllisonConnell1301
    Options
    Yeah, I have logged every day for the past 3.5 months. I still struggle some days, so I am not going to try to stop now. I think if I did stop, I would fall apart.