Newbie seeking life change

Options
Bonjour!

I am from Quebec, Canada. I have always been around the same weight range - the dreadful 'middle' class. You know - not overweight but not thin. I want a lifestyle change because my fat plague has been the source of my problems all my life. People dont give me the respect I deserve just because of my appearence, dating is completely horrible since men ignores my very existance and even familly takes me for granted. I have been told time and time again that confidence is key.... yeah, but it doesnt work when people always look down on you because of what you look like!

So, I am here for a lifestyle change. I would like people to respect me, stop looking down on me, attract men to find a good boyfriend and have a healthy & hot rockin' body I can be proud of.

I know this will be hard, but every day is a step further to reach my goals.

Wish me luck, friends!

Replies

• bhubbard
    bhubbard Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude about this life change that you are about to encounter...I wish you the best of luck. This site is so awesome, be open and do not be afraid to ask questions.
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your weight loss. Make sure you are doing this for you first and foremost. For those people who don't respect you because you aren't skinny well screw them! You don't need to weigh 90 pounds to find a good man. I'm over 200+ and I didn't think anyone would love me and my body for what it is. I'm lucky to have found someone who accepts me now and when I do lose weight. I've been overweight all my life and I admit it's hard when people are constantly judging you or looking at you because of it. I'm here for a lifestyle change too and this site has been wonderful. I wish you much sucess. :)
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Rock on!
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    At least you are figuring it out now and not waiting till your almost 40 like me! haha! This site is great, make new friends they are all here for the same reason so everyone is always encouraging you, talking you out of eating that bad thing and when you see all the posts of the exercising everyone is doing it motivates you to get off your bum and move it, move it! Wishing you well in this lifestyle change. Let's do this thang!
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    Bonne chance! Actually you don't need luck, you will just have a wonderful revitalized lifestyle and worldview when it comes to food. It's a hard change to make, but it's worth it.

I used to be the one who ate most of the dessert when my family shares one. Tonight? I had three bites of chocolatey goodness and stopped, and it was fine because I was satisfied!!! It takes time, but you will become the person you want to be. Just ask yourself every day - why am I not the person I want to be and what can I be doing to get there right now?

:)