Too many calories verses not enough calories...I need help

Options
2»

Replies

• LilLadyBug91
    Options
    STOP!

Go to this website: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

On that website you will calculate your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) which is the MINIMUM number of calories you should eat in a day.

You will also calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) which is the MAXIMUM number of calories you should eat in a day if you want to lose weight. This number includes the calories burned from your workouts, so if you use this method you do NOT have to eat back your workout calories - (otherwise you totally would)!

Select the "15% cut" option and eat at the recommended calories.

PLEASE don't get sucked into this 1200 calories per day nonsense, that's almost nothing and will just leave you starving and will just drive you mad.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Completely Agree!!! :heart:
  • pastorgladys
    Options
    Thanks everyone! appreciate your comments
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    STOP!

Go to this website: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

On that website you will calculate your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) which is the MINIMUM number of calories you should eat in a day.

You will also calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) which is the MAXIMUM number of calories you should eat in a day if you want to lose weight. This number includes the calories burned from your workouts, so if you use this method you do NOT have to eat back your workout calories - (otherwise you totally would)!

Select the "15% cut" option and eat at the recommended calories.

PLEASE don't get sucked into this 1200 calories per day nonsense, that's almost nothing and will just leave you starving and will just drive you mad.

Please contact me if you have any questions.
    And another to agree and thanks for linking to this.

I did heybales' spreadsheet yesterday, but came up with nearly the same number with Scooby. That gives me a lot more confidence in moving forward with the higher calorie limit.