Calling all 20-somethings!

Options
124»

Replies

• xvoodoox
    xvoodoox Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You put on 30lbs from birth control. At least it wasn't 60 lbs from a baby. Silver lining? lol
  • LeeLeeLooLoo51812
    LeeLeeLooLoo51812 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thats scary! I just got put on a stronger birth control like, a week ago. I hope it doesn't do the same thing to me! I've lost 44 pounds and will slap my doctor in the face if I gain it back! I specifically told her I did NOT want anything that could possibly make me gain weight!
    I'm 22 and just started using this seriously a few days ago. I lost the first 44 pounds just by counting calories and measuring my food on my own without any app or support for that matter!

Feel free to add me! I would love to lend support as well as get some :)
  • corchy23
    corchy23 Posts: 41
    Options
    Your story makes me want to ask my own doctor about thyroid issues…I’ve always felt like I have some sort of metabolism problem because nothing has ever seemed to work weight loss wise for me except extremes…..

Anyway…..hi there! 23 here, and I've been battling weight issues since I was in middle school. I'd been a chubby kid for a while, but around sixth grade the doctor first told my mom my asthma would get better if I'd drop some weight...so thus began what has now been 10+ years of off and on dieting, always obsessing over my size, losing and gaining weight in healthy and unhealthy ways. There's been several times I would lose substantial amounts of weight such as in my junior year of highschool when I dropped around 50 pounds. Got a lot of attention and praise for it...even won a 'senior superlative' for "Most Changed" since freshman year. Then college came...and my freshman fifteen was a freshman fifty+ or so....stepped on the scale this time 8-9 months ago and weighed the most I ever had in my life...after noting all my clothes including my size 14 jeans were super snug. I had maybe 3-4 outfits I could wear. Late last fall I began a diet which was pretty innocent at first, if a bit extreme, and it quickly spun into a very unhealthy pattern on restricting my food to almost nothing (taking several vitamin supplements to try and mask the lack of nutrients) and working out until I was in physical pain. I ended up losing 60 pounds in just a few months on this dangerous plan, but a few weeks ago I could just FEEL what damage I’ve been doing to my body and decided to get right before I seriously harm my heart or other organs or lose myself inside an eating disorder and become someone I don’t recognize.

I’m at my goal pants size now, and within 8 pounds or so of my goal weight…but I really just want to be healthy and in shape. I understand since I went about things so unhealthily I’m going to need all the help and motivation I can get in order to keep this body and do it the healthy way…slowly transitioning back into a way of eating and working out that is not so disordered. Not going to lie, getting all the calories I need is hard to do sometimes, especially when being more healthy has made my weight loss a lot slower these last two weeks. I need lots of support and motivation to be good to my body since I’m sadly really hard on and critical of myself. Trying to get over caring about the scale and get to caring about me….but it’s hard!

I’m always open for new friends and will certainly encourage and motivate anyone looking for a healthy lifestyle who will repay the favor, so feel free to add me! : )
  • clare4b
    clare4b Posts: 9
    Options
    I am new here too! I would absolutely love for some people to help me out. I dont have any friends doing this with me but I think extra encouragement from anyone would help! I'm also a great listener and encourger myself so I will try to help others!

I would LOVE to lose weight by summer time because I work at a summer camp and would be so happy to not be so self consious kn a bathing suit. I'm maybe 30lbs over weight

Sounds like you're on your way to a healthy life style!
  • dreejay
    dreejay Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Deirdre, I'm 22 years old, a graduate student, and I have hypothyroidism. I gained all my hypo weight when I was 8-18, and these past four/five years have just been trying to lose it since my hypo dosage was evened out. It's hard but the success you feel when you are working for it is such a reward. I have about 35 lbs more to get to goal, but from there I will probably want to lose more. I've never seen my body at goal before, so it will be very interesting!

I've added you just there. Having friends is so important to keep you motivated. Good luck!
  • kwilliam2
    kwilliam2 Posts: 35
    Options
    I'm a low 20-something