Best protein powders?

Options
2»

Replies

• coderlaury
    coderlaury Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition whey all the way!

currently using the cinnamon graham cracker one, delicious.

Where do you get the Optimum Protein? Cinnamon Graham Cracker sounds delish! I was "addicted" to animal crackers every night before I went to bed...sounds like that may be a good option
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    This because it's manufactured by ON and not a 3rd party manufacturer. A quality product for a decent price. My choices are 100% Gold Standard Whey and Nitrocore 24.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Hollisss
    Hollisss Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE fan of Dymatize Nutrition.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Right now I've been on a Syntha-6 kick, but I just bought 6 tubs of Body Fortress 2lb Vanilla and Choc. P butter. Price per ounce Body fortress is still the cheapest unless Pure Protein has a 2 for 1 deal going on. Optimum Nutrition is what I started at, but I noticed the powder degrades really fast and gets clumpy.
  • becplumpton
    Options
    google no bull suppliments! they are australia based, the macro nutrients are great, it's all protien and they have all kinds of flavours for really cheap! they're called "no bull" as it all comes in plain packaging, and they avoid paying body builders and what not to advertise for them, meaning they can sell it cheap :) even their banana tastes good, it tastes and smells exactly like those banana lollies we've all had lol :) i definatly reccomend them!
  • L14nDv
    L14nDv Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I can vouch for Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard, I love it. I have also used the Balance stuff and found it pretty good.
  • OriginalKatie
    OriginalKatie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I prefer a natural whey protein isolate, with no flavours or added sugar. Much better for you because you can add it to a fruit smoothie, which is more nutritious. That's what my personal trainer recommended, but the brand I use isn't available at the moment. Try searching for a natural whey protein, if you're interested.
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I use all natural brown rice protein every day in mine. I find that it doesn't overpower the taste of the yummy fruits and veggies I put into my smoothie, and also doesn't give me gas that I would usually get from other kinds. Hope you find a good one. :)
  • MtnGirl525
    Options
    North Coast Naturals - 100% Iso Whey... Flipping delicious! Om nom nom. :happy:

i1lgye.png

can you buy this in the states?
  • Buzymomof_3
    Buzymomof_3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Unjury, only available online (that I've found). Best of all it has an unflavored one, a chicken soup flavored one, and a cheese one to make a cheese sauce. I LOVE the unflavored one, you can put it in oatmeal, jello, orange juice. For the OJ it does change the consistency a bit, makes it kind of frothy due to the shaking to blend it, but you can't taste the protein powder at all. When I make soup I put a scoop of the chicken soup one in and it makes it extra tasty and I get the extra protein. It is also very low in sugar because it's market is the gastric bypass people.

check out UNJURY dot com
  • moo1907
    moo1907 Posts: 24
    Options
    I've been looking into using protein powders in smoothies and things for a while but I don't understand it fully: If body builders use protein for a work out and I dont work out as much as a body builder and do weights and all that will that mean that it turns to fat?
  • en0ryt
    en0ryt Posts: 2
    Options

This! You cannot go wrong with Gold Standard, its around 120 calories per serve (with water).
  • en0ryt
    en0ryt Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been looking into using protein powders in smoothies and things for a while but I don't understand it fully: If body builders use protein for a work out and I dont work out as much as a body builder and do weights and all that will that mean that it turns to fat?

Nope, you only put fat on if you are eating above your maintenance calories. It doesn't matter if these extra calories come from protein powder or from a double cheese burger. Body builders rely on protein as big chunk of their calorie intake. For me, I chow down/drink 160-180 grams of protein a day, that equates to about 750 calories for the day just from protein. The remaining calories I have (~1800) I make up with fats and carbs. I hope that makes sense?
  • moo1907
    moo1907 Posts: 24
    Options
    Yeah I think so but don't you get really hungry?
  • Psyb3r
    Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
    Options

ftw!

I love, love, LOVE their mocha cappuccino flavored whey protein.

Me Too!!!
    It's like healthy Starbucks!
  • rladd6421
    rladd6421 Posts: 455
    Options

Where do you get the Optimum Protein? Cinnamon Graham Cracker sounds delish! I was "addicted" to animal crackers every night before I went to bed...sounds like that may be a good option

www.supplementwarehouse.com it only came in a 3lb container, but soo yummy
  • gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

You can get it everywhere! It's one of the most popular... Look for gold standard 100% whey. Bodybuilding. Com sells it