SUGAR

Options
rusta
rusta Posts: 29 Member
Hi All,

I am back on MFP after a fairly extended absence - and am new to seeing my sodium and sugar intake recorded.

If i am under or level on everything except for sugar - will i still lose weight?

Replies

• KellyRUNS2Bthinner
    KellyRUNS2Bthinner Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    weight loss boils down to simple math ~ Calories in vs Calories out. I know a girl who has lost plenty of weight using this app eating whatever she wanted just staying below her calorie intake. Unless you have an issue with Sodium and Sugar I wouldn't be too concerned. Focus on how much fats proteins and carbs you take in. A diet Rich in Fibre with a good amount of protein, low fat and a decent amount of carbs is going to get you lean just the same as someone counting only calories in vs out. However if you focus on good nutrition you are more likely to keep the weight off for good. Enjoy your journey ~ FYI my sugar is always over aswell seems fruits are a major cause for that but since they are a natural sugar I am not too concerned.
  • rusta
    rusta Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Excellent - thanks for that. I was quite shocked as i dont eat any high sugar foods.

I do eat a fair bit of fruit - which does show as high in sugar.

I am making sure i am on track with the protein, carbs and fat - and am only eating some of my exercise calories if i am still hungry.

I know you can slow your metabolism by eating too few calories - should i be try to eat some / all of my exercise calories even if i dont feel hungry?
  • FitnessLondon2013
    Options
    weight loss boils down to simple math ~ Calories in vs Calories out. I know a girl who has lost plenty of weight using this app eating whatever she wanted just staying below her calorie intake. Unless you have an issue with Sodium and Sugar I wouldn't be too concerned. Focus on how much fats proteins and carbs you take in. A diet Rich in Fibre with a good amount of protein, low fat and a decent amount of carbs is going to get you lean just the same as someone counting only calories in vs out. However if you focus on good nutrition you are more likely to keep the weight off for good. Enjoy your journey ~ FYI my sugar is always over aswell seems fruits are a major cause for that but since they are a natural sugar I am not too concerned.

THIS! :glasses:
  • Twinklegirl34
    Twinklegirl34 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My sugar is always up too, and its from fruit, I don't worry any more as I love my fruit and know that that is where my sugar is coming from