Any Adelaidians out there?

Options
Hi, I'm new to this site, I heard about this through a friend, what a fantastic tool to have for helping to get fit and healthy! I was just wondering if there is anyone from Adelaide on here? I am from a suburb near Gawler South Australia, what do you do or where do you go to keep fit? Do you know of any groups around here who do group fitness? Would love to hear from you. I have just starte my journey 5 weeks ago and I have already lost 10.8kg so I'm feeling pretty positive and motivated, can't wait to finally lose all of my weight and get my health back on track again, I have another 40kg to go!

Replies

• Bubbl3s25
    Bubbl3s25 Posts: 210
    Options
    Hi there, I am from Adelaide too, in the Western suburbs. There are a few of us here so hopefully you will pick up some more friends through this post.
    Feel free to add me
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    I'm in Adelaide. Southern Burbs...currently working on a site in Gawler lol. :smile: (Yea long azz drive) :grumble:
  • Kadi82
    Kadi82 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm from the north east suburbs but I know of 2 that are down Gawler way. I know they do a lot of walking
  • rachelabdy
    rachelabdy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    ME
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I'm south west.
    Well done on the loss so far!
  • Polydor
    Polydor Posts: 43
    Options
    Well I'm not in Adelaide, actually live out in the middle of no where close to Lake Albert/ Meningie. But am in Adelaide fairly often.

There is a South Aussi group here on MFP, just search for it. Also feel free to add me as a friend.

P.
  • LosingMandy
    LosingMandy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

I'm from just south of the city. Only about five minutes drive out.

I mostly use the gym for my fitness (classes and PT sessions) doing a lot of running as well. (Completing the couch to 5km program), I also try to eat clean. But I'm not good at that yet. Probably clean only 40% of the time. But I'm getting there.

Anyone feel free to add me. :)
  • MyNewZen
    MyNewZen Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Currently living in Mawson Lakes... for all of 2 more days then heading back to my old stoping grounds in the north east suburbs.

I have been on MFP for over a year now, I kind of made fitness my life but I’m sidelined at the moment with a bad knee and shoulder.

Happy to be added.
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm a Mid South Coast girl - feel free to add me to you team - I'm here every day!! Donna