total body workouts...whats your allover excercise hit?

Options
trudijoy
trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
I find that I get the best all round workouts from the following:

-netball
-cardio/weights gym circuits
-swimming

I like to mix it up with working out though, so what else gives you massive bang for your buck?

Replies

• AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    worst/best exercise

burpees...
  • trudijoy
    Options
    worst/best exercise

burpees...

yeah i make the girls do those at practice (i'm a coach) and anything they do i make myself do. Great coaching strategy - the kids will do anything if the teacher is willing to do it too. But my god do I hate those things. :laugh:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Boxing....it works it all. An hour with my trainer and I am toasted
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    worst/best exercise

burpees...

yeah i make the girls do those at practice (i'm a coach) and anything they do i make myself do. Great coaching strategy - the kids will do anything if the teacher is willing to do it too. But my god do I hate those things. :laugh:

As an ex-kid with a strong equality rhetoric, THANK YOU! Nothing worse than being told to run around a massive field in winter whilst the teacher hugs a mug of coffee.

Also, rowing. I'd swim but I don't have access to a pool.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing, Jiu jitsu, my lifting routine.
  • trudijoy
    Options
    Boxing....it works it all. An hour with my trainer and I am toasted

oooh punching stuff. I miss punching the boxing bag in my old gym in a fit of pissiness :p
  • trudijoy
    Options
    worst/best exercise

burpees...

As an ex-kid with a strong equality rhetoric, THANK YOU! Nothing worse than being told to run around a massive field in winter whilst the teacher hugs a mug of coffee.

Also, rowing. I'd swim but I don't have access to a pool.

haha thanks. I decided when I became a coach that i'd participant coach. The girls are required to train at least as hard as I do, and to play against me. It definitely means that I have a team of girls who respect my rules, follow my lead, and so far I have an unbeaten record for winning grade level champs :)
  • trudijoy
    Options
    Kickboxing, Jiu jitsu, my lifting routine.

kicking stuff! that sounds fun too. I've got a pretty decent kick on me :)
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing is my new total body workout...i usually lift.. but when I do kickboxing I can barely move after
  • Fatguy2Fitguy
    Fatguy2Fitguy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Personally I find Judo works for me, although i have to follow an all around training plan to help me cope with it being an all over exercise (Chicken & Egg, comes to mind).

Other than that swimming and boxing i have found works.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Rowing - I thought I was quite fit until I took up rowing and then realised I KNEW NOTHING! I think technique is key to get the most out of it, if you have good technique, and erg properly, a 2K test kills, doing a 30 minute piece takes some serious strength - I found my core quickly tightening up and felt like a machine with regular rowing.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Another vote for kickboxing. My favorite exercise of everything I have tried by far.