Overeating....that's me. ANd I need to lose so here I am!

Options
Hello. I'm Linda. I can go without eating and it really doesn't bother me. I can work out and I really like to and used to all the time.

The everyday stuff got in the way of my staying slim and working out. And the thyroid acting up doesn't help!

I love to cook and love food so now here I am about 30 pounds more than I want to be - or 40! It was no easy job getting here. It took time to pack it on so over the last say 6 years I have managed to increase my size from my normal self. I went from 8-10 to 10-12 and now am on the high end of 12. So that's enough for me to do something about sticking food in this out of shape person I'm living in now. This seems to be a good site and easy way to track my intake. I am going to cut back and exercise. Can someone make me exercise more?!?!? I keep thinking I'm gonna start today but then tomorrow gets her and I didn't. I wish everyone well in their pursuit of the new you and hope I can get there with you! I have to go wrap presents now - and meet my best friend for lunch! I'll eat lite!

Replies

• Lindasmaller
    Options
    Hello. I'm Linda. I can go without eating and it really doesn't bother me. I can work out and I really like to and used to all the time.

The everyday stuff got in the way of my staying slim and working out. And the thyroid acting up doesn't help!

I love to cook and love food so now here I am about 30 pounds more than I want to be - or 40! It was no easy job getting here. It took time to pack it on so over the last say 6 years I have managed to increase my size from my normal self. I went from 8-10 to 10-12 and now am on the high end of 12. So that's enough for me to do something about sticking food in this out of shape person I'm living in now. This seems to be a good site and easy way to track my intake. I am going to cut back and exercise. Can someone make me exercise more?!?!? I keep thinking I'm gonna start today but then tomorrow gets her and I didn't. I wish everyone well in their pursuit of the new you and hope I can get there with you! I have to go wrap presents now - and meet my best friend for lunch! I'll eat lite!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I just sent this to another newbie, but I think it will help you too

There are two (or more) fitness challenges on this site. One is the Christmas challenge (and I'm sure there will be a Valentine's Day challenge), where you pick a set of goals and update us every day about your ability to match/not match those goals. For example: 4x week cardio, 2x week weights, 2x week walking. Whatever they are. Come join us under Fitness (Christmas Challenge December 5).

The other challenge is the spring challenge. It's still working out some kinks, but basically you pick and event or goal for spring time (10k race for example), make a plan, and update it weekly.

Welcome, you'll enjoy it here.
  • suspendedindusk03
    Options
    Welcome! In the week and a half that I've been here, I've found the people here on the message boards to be very supportive and friendly. Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings Lindasmaller...you sound like me...I love this site and happy for you that you found it...started at this site a week ago @ 170...now at 168...need to loose about another 40...the food diary is so helpful in meal planning and keeping caloric intake to weight goal level.

Since I found Bellydance for exercise I have no problem wanting to workout...I love it so much...it is always toning and when drilling moves or practicing choreography it is great cardio as well.

Teammate,
    Fat Dancer
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Can someone make me exercise more?!?!?

That depends; where do you live? :laugh:

Seriously, the group therapy aspect of this site helps a lot of folks. Take part in the challenges mentioned. As well as exercise, there are challenges for 'not looking at the scale' for periods of time, then comparing notes. All kinds of stuff. Involving yourself with other folks in some of these things helps to motivate. It's worth a try!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome Linda,
    You can do this. We are all here to help you as much as possible. You just have to make exercise a part of your daily routine. It takes time, and it take drive. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    Good luck to you.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    Linda,

Welcome! And good luck with your weight challenge. I am a night person. I stay up until 2AM and wake at 10AM.

Many people say to exercise upon waking, but I've never had that work for me. So I joined a gym that is open until 11PM, and I generally try to workout around 8PM. I tend to want to eat at night, too, so this curbs that habit. You have to really think about when you will be most likely to be consistent in your commitment.

Don't do the same thing for exercise day in and day out. Your body will get used to it and your weight loss could stop or slow down alot once your body is used to a routine. And you will get bored with it.

Try this site:
    http://walking.about.com/od/fitness/a/besttimeex.htm

Also read through the posts in Exercise and Nutrition here on MFP. There are many good ideas here.

cm
  • nathalie
    Options
    Hi Linda,
    I went out and bought different mix of work out DVD's and not only the hard stuff, I have bellydancing, salsa dancing and even Carmen Electra Strip Tease ( I dont recommend it, its awful) but my husband loves it when I give it a shot.
    Every day I do something different,
    1- I don't get bored doing the same stuff everyday
    2- permits me to cross train and let muscles recuperate

The important thing is to start, the excerise helps controls the fork which in turn encourages the excercise and so on. Trust me, when I spent an hour sweating it out, the last thing I want to put in my mouth is junk or overeat.

I'm sure you will find what works for you.

nat :flowerforyou: