Oatmeal Recipes?

Options
I eat home made oatmeal almost every morning but I'm tired of eating it the same way and need some new ideas. How do you top your oatmeal?

Replies

• KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Lemon & Blueberry Baked Oatmeal! I recently found this recipe and its amazing! Make a batch and it keeps all week for easy breakfasts on the go! I altered it a little by using almond milk, egg beaters egg substitute, truvia baking blend and smart balance light butter to lower the calories more. But seriously, try it! It's almost got a french toast consistency. Once I ran out of my first batch I made another with strawberries & vanilla instead of lemon & blueberry... also amazing! :tongue:

http://www.preventionrd.com/2012/06/meatless-monday-meyer-lemon-blueberry-baked-oatmeal/
  • thefitfriend
    thefitfriend Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    apple, cinnamon and raisins in it, banana and honey, nuts, any form of dried fruit, i always put in an egg white for protein (you cant taste it) or you can put in the whole egg with a bit of sweetner for an egg custard taste, you can add pureed pumpkin for pumpkin pie oatmeal, grated carrot, cinnamon and raisins for carrot cake, low fat cream cheese and sweetner for cheesecake, you can make a simple fruit compte to put on top, you can bake it for a different texture, there is SO much to do with it
  • athryn
    athryn Posts: 59
    Options
    I add dried fruits of various kinds (raisins, dates, cherries, etc) and I also add a tablespoon of either peanut butter or almond butter, depending on what fruit I'm putting in it. My favorite is peanut butter and dates. I would imagine that PB2 would be good as well.
  • davidwgold
    Options
    banana and cinnamon are my favourite but a lot of the time i look at what fruit i have lying around, slice it up and chuck it in! trying out new combinations and seeing what works is always enjoyable, also nuts go well with most things but i just enjoy experimenting with different flavours and toppings
  • jumpingsparrow
    Options
    Honey, cinnamon, slivered almonds, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk.