Finished 30 Day Shred

Options
Hi,

I am about to finish the 30DS tomorrow and loved it. I would just like to know if anyone has any suggestions of workouts I can do next I like Jillian but am open to any other ones. Thanks

Replies

• freckletone
    Options
    Hi, oh man I have so many ahaa

ripped in 30 is what i did after 30ds. i recommend it. it has four levels. the exercises are 30 mins (no inc. warm up/cool down)
    it has more trickier moves, and some repeatitons from 30ds but it's great
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Did you try Turbo Fire? (I bought it, but I have to start smaller to get my heart into shape) Overall, it looked like a great program and I cannot wait until my heart is in shape enough to do it! :)
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Congratulations, that's not an easy thing to do!!! I recommend Ripped in 30 (also Jillian Michaels) after 30DS. It's a similar workout, but she does the circuits a little differently & I found that I actually liked it a lot better than 30DS (I've done them both). I've now done 5 of Jillian's programs and am currently working my way through Body Revolution. I know there are other workouts that work as well, but these fit into my schedule, being only about 20-35 minutes per workout. :) I really *do* think that Ripped is a great follow-up to the Shred & I lost quite a few more inches (along with a few more pounds) by using it as my next routine last year. Good luck to you!
  • lorencrutchley87
    Options
    Thank you. I was looking at doing Ripped in 30 so I think I will do that one then.
  • BobbyJo28
    BobbyJo28 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I finished the 30 day shred and now I'm doing Insanity. I liked Jillians workout and would do it again. I may try her other ones after I finish Insanity. Insanity is definitely worth it too!
  • Kttyler87
    Kttyler87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I started doing the banish fat and boost metabolism by jillian. It is intense. I love it.
  • jensibobs
    jensibobs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i'm looking at starting the 30DS tomorrow so those that finished this - what did you lose in terms of both weight & inches?

i knoiw 20lbs probably wont happen (lol wishful thinking) but i'd ideally love 7lbs if possible
  • mariposa224
    Options
    i'm looking at starting the 30DS tomorrow so those that finished this - what did you lose in terms of both weight & inches?

i knoiw 20lbs probably wont happen (lol wishful thinking) but i'd ideally love 7lbs if possible
    I imagine you were asking the OP this, but I'll answer for myself, with stats from both programs (I pulled the info from a blog entry I wrote last year).
    "I started 30 Day Shred April 3 and finished it May 12. I then began Ripped in 30 on May 22 and am finishing it today, June 28. Here are my stats from the beginning of Shred until now:
    April 6, 2012
    Weight 156.8 lbs
    Neck 14"
    Bicep 11.5"
    Forearm 10"
    Chest 38"
    Waist 33"
    Hips 39.5"
    Thigh 22.5"
    Calf 14"
    May 12, 2012 (After 30 Day Shred)
    Weight 150.8 lbs
    Neck 14"
    Bicep 11.5"
    Forearm 10"
    Chest 37" (-1)
    Waist 31" (-2)
    Hips 38.5" (-1)
    Thigh 22.5"
    Calf 14"
    (Total inches lost 4)
    June 28, 2012
    Weight 143.4 lbs
    Neck 13.5" (-.5)
    Bicep 10.75" (-.75 * 2= -1.5)
    Forearm 9.5" (-.5 * 2= -1)
    Chest 37"
    Waist 30" (-1)
    Hips 37" (-1.5)
    Thigh 21" (-1.5 * 2= -3)
    Calf 13.75" (-.25 * 2= -.5)
    (Total inches for Ripped = 9 + 4 from Shred. Total for both programs = 13" & 13.4 lbs)"
    (Blog address, if you're interested in reading about the 5 JM programs I did last year: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mariposa224 )
  • geralynhoerauf
    geralynhoerauf Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    If anyone's done both Ripped in 30 and 6 Week 6 Pack, can you compare the two? I'm also finishing 30 Day Shred tomorrow and want to move on to another Jillian routine. I'm considering alternating pure cardio on the elliptical with a JM work-out and originally thought 6W6P would be better (do want to concentrate somewhat on the abs/belly area), but here and in online reviews it looks like Ripped in 30 gets more enthusiasm. Thoughts?
  • mariposa224
    Options
    If anyone's done both Ripped in 30 and 6 Week 6 Pack, can you compare the two? I'm also finishing 30 Day Shred tomorrow and want to move on to another Jillian routine. I'm considering alternating pure cardio on the elliptical with a JM work-out and originally thought 6W6P would be better (do want to concentrate somewhat on the abs/belly area), but here and in online reviews it looks like Ripped in 30 gets more enthusiasm. Thoughts?
    Depending on your fitness level, I think that doing RI30 before 6W6P is a good idea. 6W6P was a good bit more difficult, IMO anyway, than RI30. I really didn't LIKE 6W6P, but once I committed, I was getting it finished. It did some good things for me, stronger core, my abs are better, but I still have belly flab, and I even followed 6W6P with Killer Abs! lol Oh, and I now wear a size 4, WITH belly flab. Abs are made in the kitchen... I would need to eat much "cleaner" than I do to get rid of it. Anyway, if you want to do 6W6P and you think you're ready for it, go for it. But doing RI30 first will probably help... One of the main things I didn't like about 6W6P was that it was just two workouts & you were to do each of them for 3 weeks. That sucks for me. I wrote about it in my blog, along with my other Jillian programs. If you're interested, the link is up above.
  • jensibobs
    jensibobs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    wow thank you for those results - i must remember to measure myself tonight when i get home from gym

i'm planning on doing this along with my usual gym committments.

i weigh 193lbs and 5ft6" - so very ow (i originally lost over 5 stone before coming pregnant, went down to 165lbs i have 2st of my pregnancy weigh i'd like to lose) . I try and attempt to go to the gym 2/3 per week (althou last week i was rubbish and didnt go at all, oops) my eating is up and down thou and some days i feel like i could eat the world!

so i'm hoping by doing the 30DS , mainly doing it on the days i dont go to gym, will kick me into touch and keep me from out of the kitchen!!
  • geralynhoerauf
    Options
    Thanks, Mariposa. I did read your blog and congrats on the results! I also bore easily and am not naturally inclined to look forward to working out. So I might just go with RI30 first. I do appreciate the circuit variety a whole lot. And even thought I've lost a lot of weight so far and didn't have any issues getting thru 30DS, I'll take your advice and gradually work up to 6W6P by starting with RI30. Thanks for your help!
  • geralynhoerauf
    Options
    30 Day Shred Results
    55 yr old, female, no regular exercise routine before starting 30DS, starting weight = 164.5lbs
    1200-1300 cal per day diet, leaning heavily toward paleo/clean eating (my diary is open)

Start 2/12 - End 3/22 (8 days off during the 30 days)

wgt lost = 11.5 lbs
    waist = 4 inches lost
    hips = 2.5 inches lost
    BF% = from 39% down to 31%

Success! On to RI30. Downloaded it yesterday from Amazon; starting tomorrow 3/26.