10 Gross ingredients you won't believe are in everyday food!

Options
I found this article and was disgusted! (just a disclaimer about the L-cysteine: I don't think human hair is in any foods. That would not be FDA approved, although I could be wrong there is strong evidence it is only duck feathers.)

http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/articles/10-gross-ingredients-you-wont-believe-are-everyday-food

You must check it out! Say goodbye to your jello :P

Edited to add : If you're okay with eating these things that's fine with me :laugh: not trying to change anyone here!

Replies

• daphne_m
    daphne_m Posts: 84
    Options
    Not too gross. I like that we've found such inventive uses for "waste" products. This is true nose to tail eating!
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Not too gross. I like that we've found such inventive uses for "waste" products. This is true nose to tail eating!

true, some f them are pretty tame. The bugs honestly don't gross me out too bad. But the thing about *kitten* icecream...? YUCK! lol
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I think they use carmine in lipstick - red shades. Hahha, great this link has led me to another link: 9 Reasons Why Rebecca Black is Awesome
  • Jen800
    Options
    I think they use carmine in lipstick - red shades. Hahha, great this link has led me to another link: 9 Reasons Why Rebecca Black is Awesome

Lol who doesn't love Rebecca Black? without her I'd never have been able to identify the days of the week!
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Wow, I was expecting something horrific, but most of that stuff I knew already! Boring lol! :laugh:
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I already knew about hair in breads. The anal secretions from a beaver being in my ice cream is a little gross.
  • Jen800
    Options
    Wow, I was expecting something horrific, but most of that stuff I knew already! Boring lol! :laugh:

cmon, not even anal secretions surprised you?!
  • time4changexx
    time4changexx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Bet it wont stop you though.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    seriously, people don't already know this?
  • vlmay1955
    vlmay1955 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    All this stuff has been around for years and we have been eating it for years. Doesn't bother me. Everyone screams that they want to eat "organic" well guys organic doesn't mean pretty and sanitized. Insects and gland secretions are organic!
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I love the meat in Jell-O and Twinkies. Some ammunition next time someone tries to convince me to become a vegitarian.
  • Jen800
    Options
    I love the meat in Jell-O and Twinkies. Some ammunition next time someone tries to convince me to become a vegitarian.
    '

Protein! haha.
  • Jen800
    Options
    All this stuff has been around for years and we have been eating it for years. Doesn't bother me. Everyone screams that they want to eat "organic" well guys organic doesn't mean pretty and sanitized. Insects and gland secretions are organic!

Oh, it's definitely organic alright! The truth is this stuff is probably better for you than all the chemicals they put into other food. At least its real. Its more like how people freak out when they hear about someone eating horse meat. We're just accustomed to certain types of animals/parts being acceptable to eat and some not, but they're really not gross or dangerous if you look at it like that :P