Hello Everyone

Options
Hi my name is Brandy, I am 29, and I just found myfitnesspal a week ago. I love it! It is so easy and I look forward to putting in what I eat every meal. I have told everyone about it! I feel that knowing what I am putting in my body helps me to limit the amount of fats and unhealthy foods. Heart disease runs on both sides of my family and I really need to take care of myself. I am always looking for new friends, so feel free to send me a message! Being healthy helps when you have a support group : )
~Brandy

Replies

• smithsh
    smithsh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Brandy,
    I agree, seeing all the grams of fat and the cholestroral put into my body is very effective for pushing me away from unhealthy foods. I used to just look at my calories, but what does a calorie matter if there is a lot of fat in those calories! Glad to see you are trying to be healthy! Yay for healthy.
    Stephanie
  • Railvas
    Railvas Posts: 19
    Options
    I have to agree with Stephanie. I am a computer nerd, well, an all around nerd which stereotypically lends itself to being unhealthy. I found that using this site and finding friends on here not only has made me more aware of the food I used to eat and do eat but also has helped a lot knowing that other people are trying to reach goals too. I must say, one feature I really like is looking at other people's journals. I have found it a big help when trying to figure out what I want to eat myself. Use that to your advantage and you'll find a lot of tasty things out there you can enjoy with little or no guilt. In fact I started using this site because the two co-hosts of the online radio show/station I work for had started it so we are in it together. If you are looking for another friend look me up.