Is there a gps that i can track myself?

Options
Hello, i was wondering if there was a way to track my exercise with a gps. it would be alot easier. thanks!

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    With a GPS? I don't get it. Do you want to track the location of where you are walking or running?
  • dad0921
    dad0921 Posts: 5
    Options
    I use Endomondo and you can connect it to MFP.
  • chadgard
    chadgard Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Do you mean a GPS ap for a smartphone? You might look at TrackMyRun, MapMyRun, MapMyRide, etc. Several aps link to MFP.

If you mean a piece of hardware, there are a lot of heart rate monitors with GPS. For example, the Garmin Edge and Forerunner lines. Some of these link to aps, which link to MFP...
  • Gaige22
    Gaige22 Posts: 5
    Options
    Yeah that's exactly what I ment, thanks guys!
  • Gaige22
    Gaige22 Posts: 5
    Options
    hey there,

how would i go about connecting it to mfp? I cant figure it out!
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Zombie Run is a good app to track your runs.
  • debhema
    debhema Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use runtastic for some walks and the runtastic pedometer at other times.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin Forerunner 110 as it tracks both my heart rate and has a GPS (I like to see how far I've gone, top speeds, improvements in speed, altitude etc when hiking and running over longer distances). Not cheap but works really well. It doesn't sync with MFP - I just input the calorie burn manually - but it does sync with the Garmin website, which is really good fun and motivating. It's particularly good for comparing my performance on the same routes and for keeping a log of all the mountains I've climbed.
  • emmaroid1981
    emmaroid1981 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    hey there,

Endomondo will automatically connect to MFP to show calories burned for any workout you do. Its a great ap and free too xx
  • chadgard
    Options
    I use a Garmin Forerunner 110 as it tracks both my heart rate and has a GPS (I like to see how far I've gone, top speeds, improvements in speed, altitude etc when hiking and running over longer distances). Not cheap but works really well. It doesn't sync with MFP - I just input the calorie burn manually - but it does sync with the Garmin website, which is really good fun and motivating. It's particularly good for comparing my performance on the same routes and for keeping a log of all the mountains I've climbed.

The Forerunner 110 should sync with TrackMyRun, and TrackMyRun does sync with MFP. So, if you care to, you could basically use TMR (free) as a conduit to sync your Forerunner with MFP.
  • chadgard
    Options
    hey there,

Check out the "apps" tab on MFP. Once you've logged into both MFP and whatever app you're linking (assuming, of course, they are c ompatible), it's not much more than checking a box.

Actually, I've usually gone the other way - most of the other apps also have an apps tap, so I typically initiate the link from the other app, but there's no particular reason to do it that way...