Is This Wrong?

Options
I started doing TurboFire (again) and am determined to make it through the whole program this time. I even signed up for their 90-day challenge. I've also been doing Chalean Extreme with it. I've been eating healthy, sticking to my calories, and working out hardcore, but am not seeing any changes. Day 30 is coming up tomorrow. I had to take almost a week off due to being sick, but got right back in it when I was feeling well enough. I have about 30 lbs. to lose. Should I stop doing Chalean Extreme (weight lifting) until I've lost the amount I want to lose? Is this what is keeping me from losing weight? If muscle burns fat, why isn't it burning mine? My clothes still fit the same. So confused, frustrated, and tired of looking the way I do! Please help!

Replies

• briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    No don't stop doing CE. Keep pushing forward. It sometimes takes time for our bodies to catch up with what we are doing. Also be sure you are eating good foods, with nutrition, not just boxed stuff or empty calories. Doing Turbo and Chalean require good foods!! Good Luck, it will come trust me!!!!
  • casscarson
    Options
    Muscle also weighs more than fat. Have you measured yourself?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    You're doing alot of workouts, I would say to cut down a little. Keep up with CLX, it is a great program, I love it and it gives brilliant results!
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Exercise is more of a mental challenge than a physical one! Don't rely on scales to show you change, but rely on your clothes, and measurements instead! Crack on with the Chalean Extreme, you will only regret giving up if you continue to not see results, but if you continue and the results appear then you're winning! :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Would you mind opening your diary so we can see what you're doing?
  • briggsy13
    Options
    Someone else brought up seeing what you are eating. Its a good point, but also how many calories. I was losing weight so slowly when I was eating back most if not all of my exercise calories. I now only eat my "regular" calories and the weight is coming off at more than a pound a week.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    First, muscle DOES NOT burn fat. You lose fat through a calorie deficit. That said, if you're exercising too much and not eating enough, your body will go into starvation mode because it's not getting the nutrients and fuel it needs, so it's going to hang on to what fuel sources (fat) that it has.
  • mimmyluvspippy
    mimmyluvspippy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    MFP has me set at eating 1290 per day which I am eating plus more on some days through daily fruits, veggies, lean protein, and whole grains. I also drink nothing but water and at least 5 bottles a day. I don't eat back my workout calories and sometimes burn more than I eat. For example, yesterday, I ate 1442 calories and burned 1620 through exercise. I'm doing TF in the morning, CEX in the afternoon, and I add in Zumba on the Xbox a few times a week in the evening if I have time. I gave up soda years ago and I'm getting plenty of sleep. I don't want to feel like an idiot when it comes to weight loss. There is so much contradicting information on the web, that I don't know what's right and what's wrong.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Wait: you burned 1600+ calories through exercise? You're not including the 1300+ calories of your BMR, so you likely burned almost 3000 calories and only ate 1400-ish? There's your problem. While I'm not one that jumps on the "starvation mode, oh noes!" bandwagon when someone stis around 1200 calories a day, this is huge, especially if it's a regular thing. Your body is likely wanting to hand onto fat for dear life to preserve fuel. If you burned the 1600 through exercise and daily living (so that includes workout calories and BMR calories), then you're fine, just give it more time. It can take awhile, as has been said, for one's body to adjust to a new fitness regimen and eating plan.
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    Don't give up but measure weekly. The first two months the scale hardly moved for me but I was losing around a 1/2 inch a week. Sometimes an inch. Then after that the scale started to follow. Really measuring is more motivating than the scale. So many things can make your weight go up and down when you are still making progress and losing inches.
  • briggsy13
    Options
    I have a hard time believing you are burning 1600 calories doing even both TF and CE each day. Turbo claims 650 in their information and CE would be considerably less than that on a lifting day. Are you using a HR monitor?
    Even if you aren't burning that much you still might need to eat a little more. Eating maybe 200-300 of your exercise calories? It can't hurt to try.
  • mimmyluvspippy
    Options
    Okay...so trying to figure this out. My profile says that in order to lose 2 lbs. per week, I need to burn 3,120 calories a week through exercise. Exercising 6 days a week equals 520 calories per day. If I burn more than that, do I need to eat until it's as if I only burned 520 calories? Sorry...this weight loss stuff gets confusing for me.
  • briggsy13
    Options
    I wouldn't unless you go crazy and burn a bunch more. Or if you are always hungry or feeling weak. Or don't have the energy to finish your workouts.
  • mimmyluvspippy
    Options
    Yes, I am using a HR monitor.
  • mimmyluvspippy
    Options
    And the 1600 burned was with Zumba that evening. Of course I don't burn that much with TF and CEX alone
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    you might be eating more than you think
  • tarakizer
    tarakizer Posts: 52
    Options
    Can't help until we see your diary.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Many many factors to consider here. Your stats and goals are unknown so we have no idea if you're eating properly let alone at the right rate. Diary is closed and many underestimate portions. These things will help others help you.