Cto5K

Options
Maridar
Maridar Posts: 164 Member
To those who've done it, did you do the program every day? or three times a week? I am not sure where to start.

Replies

• fitmelinda7
    fitmelinda7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing...I'd like to see the responses too!
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    You need to follow the program, which is 3 days a week. If you do it more than that then you are not following the program which could possible lead to injury. I did the program last year, started mid February, and completed it with no injuries. I finished out 2012 doing a half marathon, with no injuries. I did have some minor aches and pains but most of that had to do with learning the proper stretches and when to stretch.

When first learning to run you need to take breaks so you can heal. Also, if you push yourself by doing multiple days a row, you are less likely to finish the program because not only do you increase your risk for injury but you also are not mentally giving yourself time to adjust to doing the distance and pace involved with being successful at a running a 5K and are more likely to quit.

If you want to do cardio on other days then do an elliptical, bike, or arc trainer.
  • traej1973
    traej1973 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The program is three days a week and I followed that. I just finished week 8 day 1. I have progressed really well through the program and like the rest days in between. I don't think I would have completed it if it was every day! It is a great program. I went from a non runner struggling through the first few weeks to running 2.5 miles in 28 minutes!

There is a couch 2 5k group on here too for support.
  • Maridar
    Options
    thanks all for good advice:)

another question which running shoes give best ankle support from your experience? if any, if at all?
  • choirangel08
    choirangel08 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have heard awesome things about Cto5K and have already been shown up by my 3 nephews, all under 15. lol. I do not have a smart phone or smart Ipod either, it just counts steps. Is there somewhere that I can find this work out?
  • Maridar
    Options
    not sure, I got it on my iphone for free from itunes store. google!:)
  • Casstevens133
    Casstevens133 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi this is a website that explains the programme for this of us who don't have the facility to download apps .... http://www.myrunningtips.com/couch-to-5k.html
  • choirangel08
    choirangel08 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi this is a website that explains the programme for this of us who don't have the facility to download apps .... http://www.myrunningtips.com/couch-to-5k.html

Thanks, I actually found some nice trainers on Itunes podcast for free. I just download them to my Ipod and it tells me when to run and walk, just did D1 W1 and I feel great! I will have to check this site out though.