No weight loss!

Options
I've been here for about 3 weeks -- I quickly lost 9 lbs right off the bat. I only weigh myself on Saturday mornings. Today when I weighed myself I saw no weight loss :frown: I kept to my calorie intake plan and exercised most days. I'm so disappointed -- does this happen to others -- you have some weeks with no progress at all? Yet I know I'm getting slimmer because my clothes are all starting to fit great or be loose. I'm gonna go back and study all my days maybe I'm slipping up somewhere.

Any way, really sad because I was expecting another loss to keep me motivated and "up"!!! Any advice?:sad:

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    You have to remember to look at the big picture. I hit a plateau of 3 months when I got to my halfway point. Not saying you are in a plateau, because that has to be more than just a few weeks.. but just keep doing what you're doing and you'll see a change. You have lost 9 pounds in 3 weeks, that is a pretty impressive average. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    9 pounds is 3 weeks is amazing!!! You're going to have good and bad weeks - it 's a part of the process. A few weeks ago I gained a pound but a week later that extra pound plus 2 more were gone. Don't be too hard on yourself, just continue to eat healthy and exercise and the weight will come off.
  • badrianne
    badrianne Posts: 101
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I know people ask this question over and over, but I still do not understand what is happening. I have friends who are losing 2 pounds a week. :sad:
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I've been here for about 3 weeks -- I quickly lost 9 lbs right off the bat. I only weigh myself on Saturday mornings. Today when I weighed myself I saw no weight loss :frown: I kept to my calorie intake plan and exercised most days. I'm so disappointed -- does this happen to others -- you have some weeks with no progress at all? Yet I know I'm getting slimmer because my clothes are all starting to fit great or be loose. I'm gonna go back and study all my days maybe I'm slipping up somewhere.

Any way, really sad because I was expecting another loss to keep me motivated and "up"!!! Any advice?:sad:

9lbs loss so far is fantastic and just because you didn't lose anything for one of those weeks, doesn't mean it will always be like that.

Do you measure yourself on your weigh-in days? See, I also weigh-in on Saturday mornings and take my measurements too and write them all down in a book, then I record them on MFP. I measure my bust, waist, hips, left and right thighs and left and right calfs and also I measure around the fattest part of my belly - that's a good one to see reduce :laugh: I also measure in inches to the nearest eighth of an inch, that keeps me motivated.

If you measure yourself and see the inches diminish, it is so encouraging even if the weight slows down or virtually stops for a while.

The fact that your clothes are fitting great or are loose now is excellent, for goodness sake don't give up, you've tried this hard and have just had a week where there is no loss, that could be due to any number of factors, more salt than normal in/on your food for instance.

Yes, it is disappointing, but keep going, feel free to add me if you want too, we can keep each other motivated then x
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    Dont let this discourage you, this happens! 9 pounds is fantastic and probably the water weight gone so now you are working on the real stuff. ;) Next week could be a another big loss since you didnt see anything this week. Oh, have you been measuring yourself? I bet you would see progress there.
    Keep up the good work!!!
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    Do you take measurments? I find I dont lose weight all the time but I will lose inches....I do a lot of resistance training so ita hard to tell how much weight im actually losing. Try cleaning up your diet as best as you can. Thats what I do when I need a boost. Fresh friuts and veggies(avoiding potatoes), lean white meats and fish, and whole grains. The more fresh and unprocessed the food the better. I also avoid sauces and salad dressings :) When I need to lose a few I also pay really close attention to my cals making sure I get the exact amount I should. I dont know what you do but I know this works for me..hope I could help some. Good luck :)
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Ergh....I feel that. I was hoping for just a little loss this morning when I weighed in, but alas....exact same as last week. Big picture though, I didn't gain, and maybe I need to drink more water. We'll try again next Saturday!
  • clarkindee
    clarkindee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks all for the great support and ideas. I now realize I need to keep this in perspective --- I am definitely going to start measuring. You guys are great!

1225646.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools