SMOKING, UGH!

Options
I have recently made the decision to FINALLY quit smoking, and hoping by keeping up with my food tracking and exercise can do it without gaining weight. I would like to add a quit smoking ticker to my page but cannot figure out how to do it, can someone help please.

Replies

• Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Goodluck with the not smoking. My hubby and me both quit in November, 09. I made it 3 weeks, and gained 15lbs, and went back smoking, and still do. He has made it so far. He did put on 10lbs, but at least he quit. Keeps saying he will loose it back, but haven't seen him try yet!
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Did you gain wieght because you ate more, exercised less, or was it just the quitting in general. I am hoping to keep my eating exercise habit the same, maybe kick up the cardio a bit, but I am afraid to gain anyway. If I gain 10lbs or so but quit for good it will be a fair trade in my book!!
  • Kudzu
    Kudzu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've gone 50 days or so without smoking and I am yo-yoing with 3 pounds.......I really found that book "Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr helpful with my NOT smoking and NOT using it as an excuse to over eat....I find myself wanting to eat especially when I would normally be having a smoke...but I try to recognize that urge for what it is.... the "evil weed" calling me!

Keep on trying!!!!
  • ChristineMcGrae
    Options
    There is one here: http://www.tickerclub.com/

It will give you a board code that you can use to put here.. in your signature. :happy: