Another milestone (50 pounds)

Options
Did my Saturday morning post walk weigh-in and have now gone over the 50 pounds lost mark. Started on March 12th at 285 and am now at 234.5

MFP has empowered me to overcome 57 years of bad eating habits and learn how to eat properly. On this recent journey I've done a lot of walking, spent hours on an ellipitical (sp?) machine, and done my usual range of basic excercises like push-ups, bench presses, curls and such. About three weeks ago I took a big step and joined a gym. I was always afraid of the places; that I'd be the fat old geezer that looked funny. Took about two days to realize I was in the right place as the membership runs the entire spectrum. I took another step and signed up with a personal trainer. That was money very well spent as I've learned about interval training, balance, core training, in short how to excercise properly. Plus the gym has a sauna and whirlpool which really helps me with dealing with the various aches and pains of my arthritic joints. Cost less than a buck a day and will be another tool to help me get to where I want to go.

Thank you MFP Community for all the support. 'We band of like-minded brothers and sisters'

Replies

• sangrea
    sangrea Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations This is a huge milestone. Keep up the good work!!
  • hollymires
    hollymires Posts: 117
    Options
    50 pounds...that is AWESOME!!!! Great job! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Time to post some before and after pix. :laugh:
  • LadyNay191
    LadyNay191 Posts: 38
    Options
    That's amazing! Congratulations! Keep up the inspiring work!
  • sharrypdx
    sharrypdx Posts: 8
    Options
    Yes! From one fellow old geezer to another, I say Yes!!! Have you read the book "Younger Next YEAR"? I think you would enjoy it.
  • arbragg
    arbragg Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wow - awesome!!!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! :happy::happy::happy::happy:
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    You need to flaunt that with a ticker! Congrats!!
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS ON YOUR SUCCESS.!!!!!!
  • georgette70
    georgette70 Posts: 158
    Options
    Congrats on your milestone!! :flowerforyou:
    That is an Awesome accomplishment!! Keep up the great work! :smile:
  • amyfly
    amyfly Posts: 137
    Options
    Congrats! Thats incredible!
  • sergeant771
    Options
    okay...I'll experiment on the ticker thing....

806322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Pics might be another thing. Over the years I kept the 'when I was skinny' photos but avoided the camera when I was in fat mode. Or tried to stand behind something. During my fat mode about the only photos I would be part of were with my sons when we were hunting and there was a dead critter in front of us. This might not be the proper forum for those.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's great!!! I'm always excited to hear when people join a gym because I know so many overweight people are afraid of it, like it's only for skinny, fit people. But um, how do you think they got that way? :tongue: Great job on the weight loss & keep it up!!
  • TiffanyEst85
    TiffanyEst85 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great job! I love the sauna for stretching after a workout and Ive heard it helps rid the body of the extra toxins as well as keeping your muscles warm while your heart rate comes back down :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Yes! From one fellow old geezer to another, I say Yes!!! Have you read the book "Younger Next YEAR"? I think you would enjoy it.
    I love the book as well! Lots of great tips and some humor sprinkled along the way:drinker: A great read for anyone really :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!