Quick Loss/gain

Options
I started My Fitness Pal on Thursday. I lost 4 pounds by Sunday. Monday-Tuesday I gained 3. I have always stayed under my calories. Not way below, but definitely below. The only things I have gone over on are sodium and sugars, but not so much that I should gain 4 pounds in 1 day. I work out all the time, but I have always worked out so there is nothing new in my routine. I haven't even done this a week and I'm already losing faith with that huge gain in a short period of time. Are there any tips I should know about? I drink mainly Vitamin Water, water, and diet drinks, so I know my liquid intake isn't a problem.

Replies

• fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Just as you didn't actually lose 4 pounds of fat in 3 days, you didn't actually gain 3 pounds of fat in 2.

These are normal weight fluctuations. Weight loss can only be determined by a loss over time. By time I mean several weeks to months.

My advice: eat well, log your food, drink some water, and put the scale away for at least a week.

Good luck!
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    A weight fluctuation of 4 pounds in one day can occur from eating too much sodium. It can also just be normal weight fluctuations due to hormones, activity etc. You just started on Thursday. You need to give it time. Weigh yourself once a week instead of every day. I'm sure you are doing just fine :) try to be patient.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I won't comment on your loss/gain as there are 1000000000 threads below this one in which your question in answered.

I will, however, recommend actually adding something new to your routine as your body needs to be kept guessing.
  • Ash_Diya
    Ash_Diya Posts: 36
    Options
    or do what I did....throw the weighing machine on your husband's/boyfriend's head .
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    So actually you lost a whole pound in less then a week? Well done!
  • thisisme13
    thisisme13 Posts: 150
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself so often if you get freaked out over the changes.

Weight changes. You won't lose every week.

Relax and keep going. Stop weighing so often if you can't handle the changes.
  • Nicole72570
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. It's just discouraging to see a gain, even if it's temporary. I will reduce my weigh in to just once a week. Thanks, again!!