Why did I gain so much weight last week?

Options
Last week was really bad for me but I can't figure out why I gained 3 lbs. I am 5'4" and 173 lbs. My goal is 1400 calories per day or 9800 calories per week. Last week I ate 11,684 calories which is an extra 1884 calories. If it takes 3500 calories to equal a pound then why did I gain 3 lbs with only 1884 extra calories. And yes I very accurately log my food. Help?

Replies

• thisisme13
    thisisme13 Posts: 150
    Options
    Sodium... water retention... hormone changes.

Weight loss is not linear and may not always go down regardless of how good you are with diet and exercise. The body doesn't always respond to the math of weight loss.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    water weight, most likely. Is it near your TOM? Did you go overboard with sodium, even a little? Did you do a new workout or add something to your routine (muscle that is repairing itself retains water)?
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    It's just a weight fluctuation. Keep at it, you're doing great, I promise.

Come back in 3/4 weeks and update us.
  • Amyirene74
    Amyirene74 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    water weight, most likely. Is it near your TOM? Did you go overboard with sodium, even a little? Did you do a new workout or add something to your routine (muscle that is repairing itself retains water)?

I don't have a cycle anymore. I take estrogen due to a hysterectomy 2 years ago. The only change I made was eating more carbs.