NSVs Galore! With pictures

Options
omma_to_3
omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
First NSV: This month, I hit 1 year of running. I started C25K in March of 2012. I have NEVER been a runner. Not even as a kid when I wasn't overweight. I am naturally slow I think, and I'm OK with that. But this month, I hit 1 year of running. I've run many 5Ks, a 10K, and have my first half marathon in April. People ask me if I've become addicted to running. I say no, I don't LOVE it. But I like it and just not HATING it is a huge victory. I'm not sure how my half marathon will go, because the weather and illness has really hampered my running the last 2 months, but I'll be doing it. And this, to me, is AMAZING. Something I not only never thought I could do, I never thought I'd even WANT to do it. I will say though, once I successfully complete a half, I may never run that distance again. At my speed, it just takes up a huge amount of time (my goal for my half is to finish in 3 hours, or just under). I'm thinking that going forward, 10 miles will be my max distance.

Second NSV: I went shopping this week. My pants are getting loose again and I'll need new capris for spring (IF IT EVER FREAKING GETS HERE!). I tried on several styles, all of which fit...in a size 8. A size I literally haven't seen since about 6th grade, before puberty hit and PCOS kicked in. The pants were actually a little loose, but they weren't the petites that I actually need (I'll have to order online), so the petites will likely be perfect as they're cut a bit smaller. WOW. Still shocked by that.

Then I tried on a dress in a size 10 that was fitted through the bodice. I am a size bigger on top. I have very broad shoulders and a very large chest so I'm always a size bigger on top. Dresses I've been in a 12 but I thought I'd try a 10 in this one. I have another dress that's a 10, but it's a stretchy fabric so suspect LOL. This one was not stretchy. And it fit. Perfectly. And was actually flattering so it came home with me LOL.

Then I tried on new trench coats for spring. I get one every year and last years is gigantic. Last year's was a size XL. I figured I'd be in a large this year. I tried on 4 different brands. All size M. And three of the 4 fit perfectly. The other, was too small in the bust. A size M. <shock>

I've been at this for about 22 months. I've lost about 80 lbs and gone down about SIX sizes now. I have at least another 20 lbs to lose and hope to get there by late summer (I'm a slow loser due to PCOS and Hashimoto's). I'm hoping to get down to a size 6 pants, 8 tops/dresses.

Here are some before and during pictures (the pants and dress are pictured below LOL):

Finn%27s%20Baby%20Shower%201-8-11-10-M.jpgP2040569-M.jpg
i-8NbpFtm-M.jpg
i-HR6VNPW-M.jpgi-gfSTh8s-M.jpg

Face Shots(the after one I took to show my hair color so it's not the best shot LOL):
Finn%27s%20Baby%20Shower%201-8-11-11-S.jpgi-7J4cWnL-S.jpg

Replies

• luvmynook
    luvmynook Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    congrats on a job well done!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Amazing job Holly. You look great! Congrats on one year running :drinker:
  • gold566
    gold566 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great job! That dress is adorable!
  • christimccarty
    Options
    Truely amazing!!! Great job!!!
  • luminajd
    luminajd Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! That dress is so pretty on you! Congrats on your awesome weight loss!!
  • famuchic
    famuchic Posts: 11
    Options
    Wow that is amazing! And inspiring! I'm so happy for you!!! The pictures are great!
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Great job! That dress is adorable!

Yes! I totally agree! That dress is so adorable! The cut is beautiful and looks sooooo amazing on you! YOU LOOK GREAT!
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    Great job! Congrats!
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Goodness, you are inspirational! I am glad you are my MFP friend! :smile:
  • missjeevious
    missjeevious Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!! you look great!
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!! Enjoy your shopping trips!!!!
  • XAVTAY2
    XAVTAY2 Posts: 58
    Options
    Great NSVs! Congrats on your weightloss you look great!
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    wow! way to kick *kitten*... you look great. Keep up the good work!
  • Spindigo1
    Spindigo1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! I'm trying to become a runner but I've been too scared to sign up for a race yet!

Also, look at you! Your eyes are like big Disney princess eyes now :)
  • omma_to_3
    Options

Also, look at you! Your eyes are like big Disney princess eyes now :)

Thanks! One of the things I've been surprised about is how much larger my eyes look with my smaller face LOL. I always thought I had small eyes.
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your outstanding success! Keep up the hard work! BTW, love that dress!
  • emilymonnig
    Options
    Congrats!!! I too struggle to "not hate" running, so I can understand what you mean. You look fantastic!!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!! your dress is super cute, and your children are beautiful!
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    congratulations!!!! your dress is super cute, and your children are beautiful!

Thanks! Those before pictures are my last baby shower and meeting my youngest son for the first time in Korea. Good memories. Too bad I hate the pictures LOL.
  • kdzi
    kdzi Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You have made an amazing transformation! Awesome.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!