Calories in a Takeaway Chinese

Options
OK so I kinda figured all chinese's will be different so is it ok to try get as close as using this site ? I Mean like a King Prawn Curry something like 100g Prawns and 150ml curry sauce etc ...

And Maybe Egg fried rice do a branded one uncle bens or icelands or the generic etc ...

Its just complicated to try figure it out LOL

Replies

• DocNorton
    DocNorton Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm gonna guess around the 6/700cals mark - I know chinese is meant to be one of the worst take outs - sometimes more than pizza. Your Prawn will be a good source of protien but I'm guessing they are fried in a wok so about 400cals. Again fried rice 2-300 cals. Curry sauce would be around the 100 mark (comparing it to a soup style dish to get an idea)

I normally go for Prawn Fu Yung (omlette) with curry sauce and fried rice. I suppose boiled rice would be better but my ethos is if you're having a take out then enjoy it - don't kid yourself by adding the diet coke...

As long as you aren't having them every day or like 3 times a week.

I had one the other day for the first time in years and it was sooooo good ! I used to have them every week - that's what got me in this state in the first place!

Hope you enjoyed it and didn't feel too guilty !
  • cami78
    cami78 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi Cat! I'm gonna have a takeaway tonight so this topic will be really useful. This is what I found after a quick search:

http://www.calorieking.com.au/foods/calories-in-international-foods_c-Y2lkPTUwNzc0JmJpZD0yOSZzaWQ9LTEmcGFyPWh3Zg.html