Tummy Tuck...can I see yours?

Options
I'm considering a tummy tuck after I've had my son and twin girls. It'll probably be sometime this summer but I wanted to see others who have had one.

I'd love to hear your story and see pictures :smile:

Replies

• NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Bump. I went to a PS and got a quote. It was expensive and scary sounding. I really want to get rid of my extra skin, but I don't know if I can justify spending all that money on myself. I was also scared about the recovery process. I would love to hear stories from people who have had the surgery.
  • tacormier
    tacormier Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had one done two years ago, it was the best thing I have done for myself and highly recommend it to anyone wanting to get rid of the ugly skin. Yes it was expensive, but worth every cent. I look in the mirror everyday and love my flat tummy. Even though I have weight to lose everywhere else, my tummy is still defined and flat.
  • Innerautumn
    Innerautumn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I had one done two years ago, it was the best thing I have done for myself and highly recommend it to anyone wanting to get rid of the ugly skin. Yes it was expensive, but worth every cent. I look in the mirror everyday and love my flat tummy. Even though I have weight to lose everywhere else, my tummy is still defined and flat.

Can we see pictures??? PLEASE!!!!!
  • MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I had my tummy tuck 6 months ago. Best choice I ever made. I hit my weight loss goal was weight training 4 times a week and running 3 times a week and that little flap was not going anywhere, most tell me it wasn't bad enough to take such drastic measures but I feel if there is something you are not happy about then you should change it and I did...for me! My profile is open and there are pictures of before and after and I have more if you want to see or ask any questions, just message me =)
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I had my tummy tuck 6 months ago. Best choice I ever made. I hit my weight loss goal was weight training 4 times a week and running 3 times a week and that little flap was not going anywhere, most tell me it wasn't bad enough to take such drastic measures but I feel if there is something you are not happy about then you should change it and I did...for me! My profile is open and there are pictures of before and after and I have more if you want to see or ask any questions, just message me =)

Wow! Your tummy looks amazing! Did it get rid of stretch marks (if you had any, I can't tell from the pictures)?
  • MizVandyk
    Options
    I have a massive amount of stretch marks. he was able to get all the ones below the belly button and also removed what was left of my appendix scar from 12 years ago. I had no belly button and now I do and its seriously my favorite part LOL
  • MizVandyk
    Options
    http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/Kristi_Couch_Redfern/library/Facebook/the new me# This link should take you to my whole 6 month journey album
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I have a massive amount of stretch marks. he was able to get all the ones below the belly button and also removed what was left of my appendix scar from 12 years ago. I had no belly button and now I do and its seriously my favorite part LOL

Thanks for sharing!! I had thought that I might eventually want to have one, now I know that someday I will have one (want to get out of the childbearing zone first. Don't need to restretch a perfect belly if I decide I want another one.)
  • MizVandyk
    Options

Thanks for sharing!! I had thought that I might eventually want to have one, now I know that someday I will have one (want to get out of the childbearing zone first. Don't need to restretch a perfect belly if I decide I want another one.)

Absolutely wait...I had no idea I was done having kids but had to have a hysterectomy which I had at the same time as my TT
  • BuffOwl
    BuffOwl Posts: 5
    Options
    I had an extended tummy tuck and breast lift this past November after loosing over 120 lbs several years ago. Best thing I ever did for myself and, while expensive, definitely worth it! Even my husband agrees. There is a real good forum group on at www.realself.com that I would highly recommend and there are lots of peoples pictures on there. There are also surgeon reviews on this site. There are lots of ways to finance this surgery since health insurance typically does not cover the cost.

Private message me and I can send you a link to my pics.
  • smallsfgirl
    Options
    Amazing!!! You must have been so thrilled! May I ask, how is the scar from the tt?