*facepalm*

Options
chercee
chercee Posts: 120 Member
So I caved to my sugar cookie craving ... 340 calories later, omg! I feel so gross! I didn't realize really how bad those tasty cookies were. Now I have to do some exercise, even though I don't feel like it (pms = bad cramps) ... ok sugar cookies, we're not friends anymore!!!!

Anyone else having facepalm moments?

Replies

• icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    yep - late last week when I said "*kitten* it" and got 20 buffalo wings with blue cheese dressing.

2000 cals later:

579235_10151872964660200_937404927_n.jpg
  • chercee
    Options
    LOL Yep, I hear you! That's what it was for me with those cookies. I could hear them calling my name. The last few days have been so stressful, so I said "*kitten* it" and ate them. Now I regret it and feel like a narwhal. Ughhhhhhh must do better.
  • FettsLady
    FettsLady Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just dust yourself off and plan better next time :) One indulgence isn't going to thwart your continued efforts!
  • chercee
    Options
    So true! Lesson learned. Stupid pms cravings. This is going to be a LONG week. Working from home is usually awesome, but when you're fighting food cravings, it's hard being steps away from the fridge. Where's my rubber band.......
  • sateliteofluv
    sateliteofluv Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Working from home ALWAYS does me in calorie-wise!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Whatever. So you're on maintenance calories for the day. You're already irritable, crampy and bloated, why make yourself feel any worse about yourself?
  • chercee
    Options
    @sateliteofluv - Yes, working from home is pretty much the Devil. I try to work in the basement tv room, which is the furthest room in the house from all the food. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it definitely doesn't! Once those cookies are gone (will have to feed them to DF tonight) I'll be fine. I'm saving the almond ice cream for Friday night, as usual!

@vardaemi - you're right, it's not a big deal. I guess I'm just bummed that I was able to be manipulated by stupid cookies. (Or smart cookies and stupid me, as it would seem.) Cravings are so hard.
  • rgrin
    rgrin Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    1. Remove the temptation.
    2. Figure out your cravings. (I can tell my period is coming when I start craving peanut butter and baked goods like cupcakes, soft-baked cookies, etc.)
    3. Find some recipes that fulfill those cravings but are healthier alternatives. (Use protein powder to replace some flour, made with applesauce instead of butter, lower salt, etc.) I've been making low-guilt mini-muffins that are only 66 calories each, but increase some nutrients that I tend to be low on.
    4. Keep them around, but not TOO convenient. (I keep mine in the freezer and re-heat one or two as necessary.) Cravings satisfied. Nutritional goals met. Calories still intact.
    5. Make a freeze a new batch in anticipation of next month's cravings.
  • chercee
    Options
    @rgrin that's great advice! I love baking, though I've been a bit lazy this last while. (Christmas burn-out, maybe!) I do really well not to buy things, make things, or otherwise bring things into the house that are bad for me - 95% of the time. The cookies I have are leftover from a big party we had a couple of weeks ago. Temptation is powerful! (But I will be MORE powerful - today!) I love your idea for mini-muffins, that's really cute. One hurdle I've had is dealing with gluten-free baking. Medically I need to be completely, totally gluten-free. Gluten-free baking often either tastes bad (or at least not as good as the "real thing") or is super-high in fat/calories/salt/sugar to make up the flavour difference. I used to LOVE muffins, like really healthy ones with carrots and nuts and things...a gluten-free version has just been hard to replicate.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    So true! Lesson learned. Stupid pms cravings. This is going to be a LONG week. Working from home is usually awesome, but when you're fighting food cravings, it's hard being steps away from the fridge. Where's my rubber band.......
    I work from home as well, and some days it is so hard to stay out of the kitchen!
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hey..we all do it! No worries...Don't feel guilty, just get on with it, you enjoyed them~
  • pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    How come PMS cravings are never for carrots or celery? Mine usually involve sugar, chocolate, or something deep fried.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    You say that like there's something wrong with narwhals, or that they're unhappy. I would be delighted to be a narwhal. Imaging being able to swim freely and joyously, poking annoying things in the butt!

I think we should all make an effort to feel MORE like narwhals, in fact.
  • Katey911
    Katey911 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I work from home permanently. Key for me is what another poster said: keep the junk out of the house! It's hard when you live with others but I try to avoid bringing my triggers home.

What do you do with the rubber band??
  • chercee
    Options
    @wikibit - you're getting a FR just for that spectacular response. Truth be told, narwhals are pretty awesome - and their horns (?) are mighty and fearsome! They rule! (They just don't fit into skinny jeans so well lol)

@Katey911 - I wear it around my wrist for a little light snapping when I'm craving food. It doesn't hurt (please don't think I'm self-harming or something) but it's enough of a jolt to redirect my mind and remind myself about my goals and what I'm supposed to be doing/eating. It's not a punishment or anything like that - just a gentle reminder. I find it helps me be more mindful.
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I was in the store the other day and two 1 pound chocolate bunnies hopped into my cart and I was forced to purchase them, then eat them all by myself...
  • TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    Options
    Yea, working at home is a bear. On the plus side, no one looks at you funny when you do step-ups on your break and you can fix lunches that don't travel well. Yesterday I had a bacon cheeseburger and fries, hold the bun; grand total 392 calories.

Ask DF to put the cookies in an inaccessible area. Assuming he's the taller one, the cupboard over the fridge works well. Better still, maybe he can take them to work or otherwise not have them in the house. Your health and well being are more important than his cookie needs.
  • TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    Options
    I was in the store the other day and two 1 pound chocolate bunnies hopped into my cart and I was forced to purchase them, then eat them all by myself...

You know, the ears have no calories. Just like lettuce and donut holes. Darn bunnies!
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yes assuming that a subway cookie only has 100 calories eating 2 of them and then finding out they have over 200 calories per cookie!!!! :grumble: :grumble: :noway:

Face palm. No more subway cookies for me they are good but not that good.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Eh.. I had a cupcake 4 days out of last week and a shamrock shake (homemade) I won't touch sugar this week.

It's normal to cave occasionally. Sugar is the most evil most additive substance out there and it's in everything.. I had a headache all day yesterday because I didn't have any. I still have it right now.. Usually takes 2-3 days for me to withdrawal from sugar. for me that's worse then actually eating the sugar, since I am so rarely over on my calories. i estimated those cupcakes at 400 calories eat.. so wowza.. I was still at or under my goal for the day.. but gosh the headache is killing me.