Best tasting non-dairy yogurt

Options
I'm not necessarily the biggest yogurt eater, but sometimes I really crave it. Plus, it's good for smoothies. However, recently my tummy has become inconsistently not so fond of yogurt, which really stinks. I'm thinking non-dairy is the best way to go to ensure I'll always have a good yogurt day. So what dairy free yogurts do you all recommend?

Replies

• 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Do they even make a diary free version of yogurt?
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Do they even make a diary free version of yogurt?

yop
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options
    I get whole soy & co usually because it's cheap.

Also there is so delicious brand which is made of coconut I think but I haven't tried it.
  • NerdyJenn
    NerdyJenn Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I find the coconut milk is much better than the soy-based ones.
  • joro0404
    joro0404 Posts: 20
    Options
    I use ALPRO soy yoghurt. Only one I have tried but I find it as nice or better tasting than the dairy ones I used to eat, with none of the discomfort afterwards. Not sure of the flavour range of individual pots, but 500g pots of natural are available. This is in UK not sure if it's different for you.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I can't even imagine how bad non-dairy yogurt tastes.

Why not just find something you enjoy and eat it in the version nature intended instead of some highly processed version that probably tastes awful?
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have tried a few, but my favorite is Silk soy yogurt. Their almond yogurt is good, too, but the soy is creamier.

Almond dream makes an almond yogurt but it's too gritty for my taste. SO makes a coconut yogurt which I think is also kind of gritty.
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options

Why not just find something you enjoy and eat it in the version nature intended instead of some highly processed version that probably tastes awful?

Some people are allergic to dairy. Also yogurt isn't natural either lol it's also very processed.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    The So Delicious coconut milk yogurts are tasty!
  • zuecat
    zuecat Posts: 1
    Options
    Whole soy is so good! Lots of flavors, even key lime. There's also an almond milk brand called Almande, which is super rich and very tasty too.
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Non-dairy yogurts are poor imitations and not so healthy. Why not try a non-dairy milk and chia seeds instead to get the thickness of yogurt in your smoothies?
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! You've given me a pretty good starting point :)
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I use ALPRO soy yoghurt. Only one I have tried but I find it as nice or better tasting than the dairy ones I used to eat, with none of the discomfort afterwards. Not sure of the flavour range of individual pots, but 500g pots of natural are available. This is in UK not sure if it's different for you.

i am a big fan of the alpro yogurts. the cherry and blueberry flavours are my favourite.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options

don't knock it until you try it! the ones i have tried taste great!
  • apriljackss
    apriljackss Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I realize this is a really old thread, but in case someone else searches and ends up here like I just did, I just wanted to add that the So Delicious Cultered Almond Milk (Greek Style) Yogurt, Strawberry flavor is horrendous. The flavoring is very artificial and I will not be buying it again!
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I realize this is a really old thread, but in case someone else searches and ends up here like I just did, I just wanted to add that the So Delicious Cultered Almond Milk (Greek Style) Yogurt, Strawberry flavor is horrendous. The flavoring is very artificial and I will not be buying it again!

I believe it! I didn't care for the coconut Greek styled yogurt either, and I love the regular coconut yogurt (definitely my favorite). I also do not like O'Soy one bit. So Delicious Cultured Coconut Milk Yogurt and Wholesoy are definitely my favorites.
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options

Oh God coconut yoghurt is so delicious! Do try it. I could eat it all day if it wasn't $12.00 a tub.

Also goats milk and sheeps milk yoghurt is nice too and much lower in fat and sugars than cow yoghurt