BBQ Chicken Pizza

Options
ieatstickers
ieatstickers Posts: 51 Member
I love pizza, and I get cravings for it sometimes. Because it can be very high in calories, I try not to eat it much. And it can be costly. I was starting to get the California Kitchen BBQ chicken pizza, which is only 300 calories for a third of the pizza, but it's 5 dollars a box, and that can add up. So, I got fed up, looked in my fridge and realized I had all the ingredients on the pizza to make my own ( course with a tortilla crust, which is even healthier ). So, I whipped up this yesterday and I loved it. My mom had a slice, too, and even she loved it. I hope any pizza lovers on here will enjoy this, too. It's super easy and you can use your own toppings if the ones I used aren't up to your taste. The corn tortilla works as a perfect thin crust and only 85 calories compared to other thin crusts you can bake at home which are usually in the high 100s or more.

And here's the recipe:

1 Romero's King Size Large Corn Tortilla
2 tsp Honey BBQ Sauce
1 Large slice of raw red onion ( brown onions are fine, too )
2 oz of bonless skinless chicken breast
1 /12 oz of Colby Cheese ( or whatever cheese you like best )

Chop the chicken into half-inch pieces, and fry it in a skillet. Season it as you like ( I used chilli powder, italian seasonings, and a nature blend ). Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare your corn tortilla by using a spoon to glide the BBQ sauce on until it covers the tortilla. Then add your cheese, red onion, and chicken on top. Put it in the oven and let it cook for 10-15 minutes ( depending on how crispy you would like it ). And you're done!

The entire pizza is only 360 calories. For a slice it's about 90.

Replies

• hollijensen
    Options
    Sounds delicious!!! I too looooove pizza and miss not having it because as you aid the calories are too high abd just not worth it to me. But I will definately try this!! Thanx!! :flowerforyou: