How many people measure themselves here?

Options
hi!

This is purely a curiosity posting, I just wondered how many other people on MFP measure themselves as well as weighing and if so, what parts of their bodies do they measure - blokes no smut please :laugh: .

I measure my bust, waist, hips, left and right thighs and left and right calfs and also the fattest part of my belly.

Replies

• aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Yes i do measure myself,i measure every 2 weeks.
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    I measure once a month.

hips, waist, chest, thighs, abductors, arms.
  • lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    Options
    I measure myself every other week and any week that I don't lose any weight. I have noticed that on weeks I don't lose weight I usually have a big drop in inches.
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly, but I measure every other month. I have a sheet from my doctor that tells me what to measure. Here is what it list, top to bottom: Neck, shoulders, chest, biceps, waist, forearms, hips, thighs and calves. When I started trying to loose weight in January, and the first set of measurements, I weighed 255lbs. I started here in March. Then when I remeasured, at 220lbs, in May, I had lost a total of 26.5 inches. I had even lost .75 inch from my neck. The only number that had not went down, was my thunder thighs! They stayed a 25, from 255lbs-220lbs. Well, I started riding a bike, and could tell they had went down. So I checked last week, and yep, they went down a .25 inch, finally, at 210lbs. Hope this helps you!!
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    can someone explain to me how this measuring thing works???
    is my waist at my belly button.. or higher.. or lower.. or is it that one area where its smaller than any other part of my tummy?!
    now which part is my freaking hip?! where my jeans hang? or at my widest area?!
    HELP!
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Me. Once a month. I also take pictures. Sometimes you can see a difference, even when numbers aren't there.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    is my waist at my belly button.. or higher.. or lower.. or is it that one area where its smaller than any other part of my tummy?!
    HELP!

I use bodybuilding.com to log measurements. If you're not sure about how to do a measurement, there's a handy little video to show you.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yup... I measure. I measured when I started & then after 6 weeks. I'm doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred & will measure after that... so it will be around 6 weeks again. Below are the areas I measure:

Neck
    Left Arm
    Bust
    Below Bust/Rib Cage
    Waist
    Hips
    Left Thigh
    Left Calf
  • minnshark
    minnshark Posts: 4
    Options
    I do, but I only have three things to measure: Neck (that's a weird one), waist and hips. Where do you guys track the other things you are measuring? I would love to be able to track me arms and thigh too.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I use bodybuilding.com to log measurements. If you're not sure about how to do a measurement, there's a handy little video to show you.

I measure most of these areas as well, and thanks for sharing this.
  • minnshark
    minnshark Posts: 4
    Options
    I figured it out. Guess I hadn't looked to hard. Does anyone know how to get the water intake reported?
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    HELP!

Bend to the side & that's where your waist is. As for the hips... I measure the widest. You have to be careful with arms & legs... I try to measure at the largest area & use freckles as a guide.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    i measure once a week. for waist, i go around the belly button. also do neck, hips, bust and thigh. it's been interesting to chart the progress made. have also noticed a loss in my wrists and feet--no longer a wide shoe.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'm measured by a personal trainer at my gym but I do measure. :happy: I'm measured at: chest, arms, stomach, waist, hips, thighs, calves.

I weigh twice a week - friday & monday so I can track my weekends - and I get measured every 30 days...comin' up on a re-measure day this week! WOO HOO!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly, but I measure every other month. I have a sheet from my doctor that tells me what to measure. Here is what it list, top to bottom: Neck, shoulders, chest, biceps, waist, forearms, hips, thighs and calves. When I started trying to loose weight in January, and the first set of measurements, I weighed 255lbs. I started here in March. Then when I remeasured, at 220lbs, in May, I had lost a total of 26.5 inches. I had even lost .75 inch from my neck. The only number that had not went down, was my thunder thighs! They stayed a 25, from 255lbs-220lbs. Well, I started riding a bike, and could tell they had went down. So I checked last week, and yep, they went down a .25 inch, finally, at 210lbs. Hope this helps you!!
    [/qote]

The thighs are the last to shrink on my body as well. I get measured at Curves once a month and when the scale hasn't budged I drop inches and body fat.
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Upper arm, Waist, Hips, Thigh and Calf every 2 weeks.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have measured twice since January and I had a big drop in inches. I haven't measured for a few months so thanks for the reminder. I believe it is another tool to gauge how much I am losing other than pounds. I am down two sizes which is another positive encouragement when the pounds aren't coming off.:frown:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I do, but I only have three things to measure: Neck (that's a weird one), waist and hips. Where do you guys track the other things you are measuring? I would love to be able to track me arms and thigh too.

You can add other measurements - I just found out like, a couple weeks ago, so you're not alone! Go to... Check in / change measurements / Add another measurement.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I have measured twice since January and I had a big drop in inches. I haven't measured for a few months so thanks for the reminder. I believe it is another tool to gauge how much I am losing other than pounds. I am down two sizes which is another positive encouragement when the pounds aren't coming off.:frown:

Good going! Two sizes is a lot - I can't wait for when my dress size comes down, already told hubby that I am going to buy some new clothes when I reach my goal :wink:
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    HELP!

I don't think it really matters exactly where are long as you measure the same spot each time.