Back to back classes at gym?

Options
There are two classes at my gym tonight that I enjoy. A one-hour total body conditioning class followed by a one-hour Pilates class. Typically I just go the conditioning class but I would also love to start the Pilates class as I enjoy it (and it's the only night that the timing works out for me to go).

Does anyone have experience taking exercise classes back to back? I'm afraid it'll be too much on the body ... but that could be my nerves talking. As an FYI, the conditioning class is high intensity.

Replies

• bdburch
    bdburch Posts: 127
    Options
    My classes aren't 1 hr long but I regularly do back to back (sometimes a 3rd) that will keep me exercising constantly for 1.5 hours. The first time I did it, I felt like I was going to die but the 2nd time on, my body got used to it and I am considering adding in more cardio before or after each set of classes.
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I've done Spinning/Pilates or Spinning/Yoga many times and I always end up exhausted, but refreshed; if that makes any sense.
  • IndianCat3
    IndianCat3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    doing two classes back to back isn't bad at all..especially if you do a intense workout followed by pilates or yoga..its like you are rewarding ur body with stretches :) i say go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!