Motivation needed for the shred!

Options
Hello all :)

I haven't really posted on the forums before but today I am going out to buy some weights and a mat and will be starting the 30 Day Shred!
I have lost 8lbs so far without much exercise so hoping this will really boost the weight loss.
Is anyone else starting today or doing it at the moment?
I really need some people to keep me going as even though I can eat good for so many days in a row.. I'm not so great at keeping on track with the exercising.

Chloe x

Replies

• mhairi_e_mckenzie
    Options
    Hi Chloe,

Well done for the 8lbs and doing the shred! Just wanted to let you know that it is an intense, but fab workout :) However you may not lose many lbs, but you will definitely lose inches. So my advice is definitely measure yourself before you start! I lost only 1 lb for the whole DVD, but 4" from round my waist!

Hope this helps and good luck x
  • rc322
    rc322 Posts: 22
    Options
    I am on day 16 of the shred, the inches is what really is evident. However I am pretty close to my goal now so the pounds aren't coming off as quick as they were initially. It's a tough work out especially when you get into level 2 but it is worth it. Only 25 minutes a day, you can't beat that! Good luck!!
  • debege
    debege Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I should be starting in a few days. I ordered it today on amazon prime.
  • clowmow
    clowmow Posts: 68 Member
    Options

All before measurements, weight and pictures done.
    I went out and got the weights and mat and have completed day 1..my arms hurt typing this! haha.
    I don't mind not losing the lbs if it tones me up, hoping though that If I carry on eating well then I will lose some weight too.

It's weird, as I usually do aerobics for 30mins it feels like I haven't done enough moving around, I could feel it in every muscle though so I know it was doing good!
  • knkmfp
    knkmfp Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    There's a new group just started that is supporting each other through the 30 days (starting 25/03), if that would help you. Search in the groups section.
  • PandaBandit19
    Options
    I just started a few days ago. Today will be day 4 :) I am enjoying it so far and can't wait to take my after pictures. I am using 8lb weights though, so most of the strength I can only do half before I finish without weights.