Coffee creamer?

Options

Replies

• rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    Fat free half and half with lots of Splenda and sometimes a sugar-free syurp, like DaVinci caramel, french vanilla or hazelnut.
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I don't care about the ingredients, just the calories haha.

I NEED a good creamer in my coffee. it makes my mornings so much more bearable haha.

I just want something low cal.

thebaileys creamer i'm using right now is 40cals/ tbsp. and I use about 2 or 3. YIKES!

i use sugar free vanilla by coffee mate 15 cals/tbsp and use 2
  • aprilslusher
    aprilslusher Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I use 3 tbsp. Land O Lakes fat free 1/2 & 1/2. It's 10 calories per tbsp. and it tastes good! :smile:
  • coolcatcan
    coolcatcan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I use original or french vanilla soy creamer....didn't think I would like it, but it's really good and makes my coffee very creamy. The French Vanilla has 3g of sugar that comes from evaporated cane sugar...I only use 2 tbsp once a day.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    A month or so ago, I started having my coffee black and don't even use artificial sweeteners. I still have family members who like flavored Coffeemate so I just have to ingore it in the fridge. When I look at the nutrition labels, they indicate they have about 30 or 35 calories per serving. A 'serving' is considered to be just one lone Tablespoon and one can easily pour in 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) or even more into a large cup.

I do grind beans fresh when I make coffee in the morning which tastes a lot better then the pre-ground stuff.
  • amandamae61288
    amandamae61288 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Coffee-Mate now makes a "Simply Bliss" line in four different flavors (Sweet Cream, Vanilla, Lowfat Vanilla, and Lowfat Chocolate): http://naturalbliss.coffee-mate.com/
    They don't have any hydrogenated oils or corn syrup.

I've used these because I'm a creamer girl too, and I've actually found them to be sweeter and require less... double bonus!

Yes. I love the Natural Bliss creamers. No chemicals and still tastes great in coffee. There is still a fair amount of sugar, but IMO better than regular creamers.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i use full fat half and half (the low fat and fat free ones have strange ingredients) and real sugar.
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I put organic skim milk and agave nectar.
  • threeofmyown
    threeofmyown Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've had this realization too, and did a little research. There are a few options. SoDelicious has a coconut coffee creamer that I haven't tried but hear is amazing.
    I recently started using Pure Almond chocolate almond milk and agave nectar instead of non dairy creamer and sweet and low. I would rather have the calories of agave than use something that's pure chemical.
    And the chocolate almond milk makes your coffee taste like a mocha.
  • alexroet
    alexroet Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I use splenda and the sugar free coffee-mates, or fat-free half and half (which is probably super chemical-laden, too) but I did notice coffee mate has a new line out- natural bliss maybe? that says it's all natural. I never bought them bc they were all higher cal- but they have a fat free vanilla now (but none of the great flavors, just vanilla). Higher cal than the sugar free "real" coffee mate, but not bad.

Another option if you want the flavor (I just don't like the taste of coffee that much) is flavored beans. Then you might be able to get away with even just skim milk for "creamer".
  • pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The Coffeemate Natural Bliss line is awesome. Four ingredients: milk, cream, sugar & natural flavor. It has been the answer for me. It's wonderful!

Target carries it (and bonus, the big bottles! I think about $3.29 for the big bottle which lasts a long time)

International Delight is my go-to if I can't find the Natural Bliss. ID doesn't have any hydrogenated anything (despite a rather long ingredient list).
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I also like creamers, but I do occasionally drink it with blue diamond unsweetened almond/coconut milk! And a little Barlean's organic extra virgin coconut oil! YUM!
  • alexroet
    alexroet Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't care about the ingredients, just the calories haha.

I NEED a good creamer in my coffee. it makes my mornings so much more bearable haha.

I just want something low cal.

thebaileys creamer i'm using right now is 40cals/ tbsp. and I use about 2 or 3. YIKES!

Haha I'm with you. I'm not overly paranoid about chemicals.
    My favorite (but it's not available year round) is the coffee mate sugar free peppemint mocha. If I remember right, it's 30cal per TWO tbsp. the fat free versions have less fat, but more calories than the sugar free (50/2tbsp). So I go sugar free. Unfortunately I'm so sick of vanilla and hazelnut, which is usually all I can find in sugar free. There's also a sugar free caramel macchiato or something like that which is also good- but hard to find.
    And the natural bliss lowfat vanilla is 40/2tbsp.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    What do you put in YOUR coffee that is healthier but still tastes great?
    Water.
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I WON'T give up my half and half creamer in the morning...I avoid the fat free creamers for the same reason. I don't use sugar or sweetener, but I start my day with coffee knowing I'll have to adjust my calories and work outs accordingly.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Full fat half & half. I can't/won't give it up.
  • kuderstadt
    kuderstadt Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Same dilemma about 5 months ago, and ended up quitting the morning coffee routine altogether. I still enjoy a latte once a week or so, but it's not because I need my morning coffee (or 3!) like I used to, it's because I do like coffee and I figure a Skinny Vanilla Latte here and there fits into a healthy lifestyle, for me. And it's not a morning thing either, just random.

I totally get where you're coming from though, I did go through months of measuring out only 1 Tbsp of my favourite International Delight Hazelnut creamer!!! It just got to the point where it wasn't what I wanted going forward. I finally froze the rest of my last bottle in ice cube trays (which doesn't freeze well, by the way), just before it's expiry date (never had a bottle anywhere near expiry ever before!), but haven't looked back. I did dig some out of the freezer when a friend popped over for morning coffee a while ago, but I didn't need to have it with her....

Hope you find something that works for you!!!
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Try a spoonful of vanilla flavored, stevia sweetened (if you don't want artificial sugars, anyway) protein powder? I do it with my tea and it makes an awesome chai latte flavor out of just a couple stirs!
  • thisisme13
    thisisme13 Posts: 150
    Options
    I will always use creamer in my coffee. I don't drink that much coffee. 100 cals a day on coffee is fine for me. IU use flavoured creamers when they are on sale. Everything is ultimately a chemical and for the amount of it I consume it doesn't bother me.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I try to drink good coffee with fresh skim milk. Skim milk has a mild sweet taste. I try to stay away from artificial sweeteners. Fortunately, they don't taste very good to me.