Crystal Light Strawberry Daiquiris!!!

Options
So I bought The Target brand (Market Pantry) crystal light and on the back is a recipe for a strawberry daiquiri. The drink mix is strawberry daiquiri flavor. I made it and it is sooooo good!!! 10 Calories for your drink mix packet and I used Malibu Rum which is 60 cals for 2 oz. YUMMY!!!!

Fresh strawberries (optional)
sugar (optional-for rim of glass)
1 packet market pantry strawberry daiquiri powdered drink mix
1 and 1/2 cups crushed ice
2 oz. (1/4 c) light rum.

Rub rim of glass with cut strawberry and dip in sugar if you want.
Add drink mix, ice, and rum to blender and blend till smooth (about 10-20 seconds).
Garnish glass with strawberry. Enjoy! =)

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Do you think you could make this without the rum and have the proper consistency? I LOVE virgin daiquiris. And I don't drink ... (I'm *that* 28 year old :wink:)
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    YUM! I am so going to have this.... SOON! :)
  • cullensbrunette
    Options
    Do you think you could make this without the rum and have the proper consistency? I LOVE virgin daiquiris. And I don't drink ... (I'm *that* 28 year old :wink:)

I dont know...maybe you could add some juice or a little water? And there's nothing wrong with not drinking!! I rarely drink and when I do its always some kind of girly drink! =)
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Oh good greif this sounds DELICIOUS!!!!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Lol. I'm going to be that 28-year-old too. I love virgin daiquiri's, but maybe just because I'm not yet 21. :)
  • lifechanges06
    lifechanges06 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    this sounds good, and i am a girlie fruity fatting drink lol

was wondering about crystal light ice cubes? for something cool and no or low cal instead of ice cream or freeze pop? anyone do this?

Sharon from PA
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I also just discovered these at Target, but I bought the Lime Margarita one... haven't tried it yet but I love lime in my water and I love margaritas! I think I saw that they also have a cosmo one, too.
  • LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing this idea. I'll be at Target tomorrow! :laugh: