Hello you guys

Options
:smile:

I come to lose weight! I was invited by sister and felt it was a good idea, I am 58 years young and know I could stand to loose weight (40 ) pds. I feel better when I weigh less. I am finding this a good place to start in my life, people think because you are a certain age(older) that you can't lose weight, well I know you can. I was diagnosed with high blood sugar 4 years ago which runs in my family , I was able to do well with diet I am no longer on any medication, however i still test twice daily, Thanks for being here...BB

Replies

• elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    welcome! nice to meet you--good luck on your journey!
  • Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi,

Welcome...you are in the right place...the food diary is great...and the friends support is fantastic...

B
  • pearl7285
    pearl7285 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, I'm new today too, gone over my cals a little bit, but, I shall walk the dog shortly!!!
  • ropsnik
    ropsnik Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You can do this. I am approaching 60 and have type 2 Diabetes. And I found after losing 40 pounds, my sugar levels dropped to almost a normal level. A lifestyle change of diet and exercise will get you there. Try reading a book called "Younger Next Year" by Chris Crowley and Dr. Harry Lodge. It does a great job explaining the benefits of diet and exercise for 50 year olds and above. A good read and there is a version of the book called Younger Next Year for Women. Best regards!