Ladies with big feet...

Options
Hi all! I'm new here... :) I was wondering, are there any ladies here who wear a 10 or 11 size shoe? I'm having problems finding a good-fitting running shoe and could really use some advice on what brands are better for larger shoe sizes. Any ideas are appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I wear a size 10 shoe and the ball of my foot is pretty wide. For the shape of my foot I like Brooks shoes, you can go on their website and figure out what shoe works best for your foot and activity. Also, I would recommend going to a specialty running/ athletic shoe store, they can fit you based on the way that you walk/run in addition to the shape of your foot. It is an investment, but worth it if you are planning on doing a decent amount of running/ training.
  • bunnyboo24
    bunnyboo24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I wear size 11 and I feel you! It is so frustrating buying shoes if you are a woman with big feet. I had to end up getting a men's Saucony Shoe. size 9 1/2 I think. I love them. I got wide though and now I wish I hadn't because they are a little too wide and I probably would have been been better off to get regular width.
  • jzebracki
    jzebracki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I wear an 11, and I love skechers.
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I wear a 10, and I love the way Rykas fit.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm a 10, typically buy 8.5 mens running shoes. I find they fit better, have more support and come in a better quantity.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I wear Women's 11-12 wide. For the most part, I've given up wearing Women's shoes - I wear Men's. I got a pair of "running" shoes, Munzio Alchemy 12 or 14's (size 10 or 11 Men's), ultra nice that compensated for my ankle pronation, but since I have been wearing Vibram's the last 2 years, I stopped wearing those and went back to the Vibrams for running. I was tripping (couldn't feel the ground) and twice twisted my knee.

Even in the Vibrams, I wear Men's 41 (3rd smallest Men's size) because my feet are too wide & the arch too high to fit into the cute little Women's Vibrams.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I am considered having big feet many times I have to go to men's shoes because of my wide width and high arch. I bought reebox from ebay men's size 9W.

for womens I couldn't find any and even regular tennis shoes in my size are hard. try new balance from J.C. Penney's
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I wear size 10 and I love Addidas- they have them at Kohl's on sale all the time (and you can print off coupons <15-30% off> and use them on clearance and sale items)
    my last pair was Addidas ClimaCool- they have them up to size 11
  • bluesky248
    bluesky248 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    HI,
    I order Brooks running shoes for my walking, they run around $110.00/pair but I love them and they fit my feet! I have ordered and worn them for years and they hold up great and wear wonderfully. I don't skimp when it comes to my shoes and I also wear them for golfing without any problems. Good luck!
  • awkward_me
    Options
    palmerar, thanks for the advice! There are so many things to consider when shopping for shoes, it can be overwhelming! I hadn't thought to have someone fit me... I'll be checking into that! I'm usually so independent that I won't ask for help, but I'm to the point now of knowing that if I don't, I will never get fit!

bunnyboo24, I've been using men's shoes too! But I'm finding they just aren't the right shape...even the regular width seems too wide. I wish more places carried shoes for our beautiful, big feet! :)
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I wear a size 10 shoe and the ball of my foot is pretty wide. For the shape of my foot I like Brooks shoes, you can go on their website and figure out what shoe works best for your foot and activity. Also, I would recommend going to a specialty running/ athletic shoe store, they can fit you based on the way that you walk/run in addition to the shape of your foot. It is an investment, but worth it if you are planning on doing a decent amount of running/ training.

This. Exactly this. DEFINITELY go to a specialty fitness store (nothing you will find in a mall) and have them professionally fit you for running shoes. It makes ALL the difference!
  • betterthanbefpre
    betterthanbefpre Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey big feet ladies! I am a 10.5/11. ;) Great information on the shoes. I need to know too.
  • Shara_Brown
    Options
    I wear a size 11 and I usually buy men's shoes because my feet are wide. I ike high top sneakers for ankle support like a nike dunk, but the nike shox are pretty good too. Lady's Foot Locker is good place for larger sizes. They usually always have a 10 or 11 in stock since we are so unique ;)
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I have a size 11 shoe, I tend to stick with mens runners they fit me better I usually wear under armor shoes they are light and fit great
  • ilenelynne
    ilenelynne Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i wear a 10 but wear a 10.5 in sneakers. I also have a fairly wide toe box area. I play tennis in Asics - the only tennis sneakers that fit me well. I've heard the running sneakers are also good. I always buy my sneakers on line - can never go into a store and get well fitting sneakers. They always try to sell me men's sneakers which never fit me correctly in my arch.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I wear a 10, and I love the way Rykas fit.

Me too. I wear a 10 in everyday shoes but it was suggested I get an 11 for my running shoes. I'm glad I did. Love my Rykas. Go get fitted at a running shoe store if you can.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    10.5 narrow, which is a huge pain in the *kitten* because for some reason most shoe manufacturers think they don't have to make half sizes over 10 or narrows over 8. Anyway.

Really what you need is to go to a real running shoe store (like Pacers, not Sports Authority) and get them to analyze your stride and try on like thirty pairs of shoes until you find one that works. Then you buy one pair from them to pay for their service, and get three more pairs from Zappos because they're cheaper and whenever you find a shoe you really like they're going to stop making them in the next six weeks. Or maybe that's just me, but your shoes do last longer if you rotate them so it's not a bad plan.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I wear a women's 11 in running shoes (10 in regular shoes), or I do when I find one that fits--most of my running shoes have been men's because they fit better. The only exception for some reason has been the Saucony Kinvara. I tried several different sizes of the men's version, and none of them felt right. Tried the women's 11, and was surprised to find they fit me better than the men's.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I have size 10 feet that are a bit wider than normal, I have Nike LunarSwift runners that i LOOOOOOOOVE.
  • awkward_me
    Options
    Great! Thanks so much for all the advice! I feel like I have somewhere to start. Also, it helps to know that I'm not the only one in this boat!