New here, questions, and looking for friends!

Options
Hello MFP Community,
My name is Delaney I am approximately 5'5 and I currently weigh 135 pounds. I don't consider myself fat, and according to my BMI I am not over weight, but I feel I am carrying more weight than I need to. I would LOVE to go down to 110. So that's my goal. It'd be even better if I could get it off before summer because I have swimsuits that don't look good with fat rolls.

I work part time at a little fudge store and I go to school full time. I'm on the track team so I am active during practice that's usually an hour and a half, but I am a thrower so our activity isn't as much as a runner's is. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas for really good workouts to get rid of love handles and belly rolls. I don't have much but I'd rather not have the fat rolls I got. :laugh:

I also was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to stretch your calories and reduce cravings? I am on a 1200 calorie diet. I crave junk food and end up drinking chocolate milk because it fills me up but it takes up SO many of my calories.
Help?

And feel free to add me! (: I'd love to see your progress and motivate you!

Replies

• Hpgirl1890
    Hpgirl1890 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think with your height, 135 is perfectly fine.

I'm 5'2, so the max i can go without feeling my tummy jiggle when I walk is 122 and anything below 122 for me is basically a flat tummy.

I'm actually doing some ab workout for my tummy, so maybe that'll be helpful to you too!

I usually have the weirdest cravings and sometimes I'll stick a finger into my nutella jar in the middle of the night. I work full time, so it's hard for me to stay awake, so I got this 18 oz cup and filled it up with tea and refill it 3x throughout the day. It keeps me full. And if I do get cravings, I munch on a tiny tiny snicker... (i know, that's bad).
  • lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    if you want to tone up, i've read that you can't target what areas the fat comes off. that said, you could do muscle toning / strength training exercises. for me (and granted i'm an old lady compared to you), my belly got flatter when i started running.
  • Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Eat *more* and start weight lifting.

That will change your body shape, and you'll lose fat & gain muscle.

110 lbs at your weight would be unhealthy officially "underweight" for BMI.
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    im always looking to help and support new people :drinker:
  • audreygal
    audreygal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello all:

I have been using this for about 6 weeks. While i have not lost a lot of weight, i have toned up and lost inches. I like the program because it offers choices and you decide how you are using your calories and i have not been starving!!!! I encourage all to focus less on the scale number and concentrate more on how your clothes fit and how you feel. Staying active is key...

I am an empty nester mom. My son went off to college this spring and i miss him a lot. All of a sudden i have some time for me so this program has helped to keep me motivated. I am ready to rock and rol.

This is an awesome tool to use and very easy to keep track. I now am trying to get a friend of mine to join with me so we can encourage one another. Hey a little competition never hurts either. Does anyone know if you can share recipes on here? If i build a recipe, is there a way that i can give it to my friend on here?
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    30 day shred from jillian michaels is pretty good. You can watch it on Youtube or its like 7.99 through Amazon. Good luck.
  • ShaunShaunphenomenon
    ShaunShaunphenomenon Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm pretty positive! and always try and leave positive comments.
  • audreygal
    audreygal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Delaney:

Your weight sounds ok to me. I caution you from my own personal experience to make sure you eat enough calories. 1200 is not that much for a young girl. If you are active and it sounds like you are, you could use some more calories. If you eat too few calories you will not only feel deprived and hungry but you slow down your metabolism. This makes your body hold on to excess weight. Also, join a gym like Planet Fitness. They have free trainers and i have found that to be very helpful. They will show you exercises that help problem areas. Good luck.