Anyone have a exercise DVD suggestion?

Options
I have some REALLY old workout videos that just don't seem fun anymore. I have been going to Zumba classes for about 2 months and I LOVE it. I started 2 days a week and now I go on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. My 13 yr old DD and I go together (girl time). I recently popped in an old tape (yes, tape) and it was kind of boring. Does anyone have the Zumba cds? Is it worth the $60 -$80? I also saw Insanity on TV and was tempted to buy that. I wasn't sure if I needed to add more toning since that is what the insanity program looks like. How much toning do you need compared to cardio? Monday Zumba is 60 min of cardio and Thurs and Sat Zumba is about 45 min cardio and 15 min toning. I know you should be exercising because you want to get fit but honestly, I won't stick with it unless it is fun so I'll need something for the days I can't make it to class or on the days I want an extra workout.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    A lot of people love Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I just bought it and hope to start it today! :flowerforyou:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I LOVE Turbo Jam. They are my favorite workout videos.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 Day Shred 5 days ago.
    I like it because it's only 25 minutes.
    You get an awesome sweat going on!
    I like the P90X series too but that is a lot of time to commit at one shot.
  • gnme4243
    gnme4243 Posts: 120
    Options
    30 Day Shred for the win! :flowerforyou:
  • Sassafuzzy
    Options
    I love all of Jillian Michaels DVDs. The Shred is great for days when you don't have a lot of time. You can also try Tae Bo with Billy Blanks (he's from the early 90's so you'll get a good laugh at the wardrobe!). You can find his videos on YouTube. It's lots of fun and a good workout!
  • h_eloise86
    h_eloise86 Posts: 124
    Options
    If you are short on time do 30 Day Shred.
    It truly is awesome. Makes you feel stronger and better!
    If you have more time on your hands go for P90X.
    Either way you can't go wrong :)
  • shmilla
    shmilla Posts: 19
    Options
    Someone just started a 30-day shred thread to start on June 21. Sorry, don't know how to link to it or anything, but if you search using the text below, you'll be able to find it. No matter what you choose, good health and fitness to you!

30 day shred 21st of June till the 21st of July
  • proudarmywife49
    Options
    I just started Insanity.... first day was awesome!!!!! :) I think the meal plan will be the hardest part.. but it's doable!!!!
  • SoliQ
    SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred from Jillian Michaels
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred from Jillian Michaels

I agree! lost 5 inches from my hips and absolutely love it!
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I can't say enough how much I love Jillian Michael's DVDs. I have the 30 Day Shred, No More Trouble Zones and Yoga Meltdown. I started using her DVDs in May and I've lost 10 pounds, including three inches off my waist. All you need for her workouts is a yoga mat on (if you're working on a hard surface) and some three pounds weights and that's it. I LOVE HER!
  • cleja90
    cleja90 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks all. I ordered the 30 day shred. Can't wait to get started.