NSV! Losin' baby weight!

Options
The day I had my son, i was 198. 6wk pp, i weighed 180. I didn't see a scale again until he was almost 8mo old, and i was horrified that i was STILL 180. that is when I started on MFP.

Fast forward a few months, I have lost 20.8lbs, and I am 4.2lbs away from being my pre-baby weight of 155!

My victory : my scale finally is back into the 150's! And I have managed to gradually lose the weight without effecting HIS weight (I am nursing). Only 4.2lbs til pre-baby weight, hoping to get back to pre-baby before his first bday april 24th!

.. and then only 30 more lbs until I hit my goal!

Replies

• rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That baby weight is STUBBORN!
  • triggsta
    triggsta Posts: 140
    Options
    That's awesome!

But just a quick clarification: NSV = non-scale victory. Just for future reference ;)
  • minionofevil
    minionofevil Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    oh, i've seen people say No small victory, didn't realize it was non-scale.

well, non scale victory - my pre baby pants fit!
  • eclectic_ladee
    eclectic_ladee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I know every woman's body is different during and post-pregnancy, but this is very inspirational. My husband and I are thinking of starting a family someday. My progress has been something that I have thought about and how it will be affected post-pregnancy. Hearing the horror stories about not having time to workout has been a challenge when I want to stay positive with my desire to continue a healthy lifestyle post-pregnancy. Once again, thanks for the inspiration! :)
  • minionofevil
    minionofevil Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I want to get my body back healthier than it was before I got pregnant with Dante before I have another baby. I had a preemie, and the healthier I am, the better chance I have of having a healthy baby as well. And I hear you, I never have time to workout. my workout is breastfeeding and chasing my little man around. I am mostly losing weight just by eating healthy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!