Success stories from those who eat (mostly) clean! please!

Options
2»

Replies

• xchanxbc
    xchanxbc Posts: 2
    Options

I don't know if that's viewable but I lost 30 pounds from eating salads, Greek yogurt and lots of lean protein. I also drink Starbucks everyday which probably slows things down. I also don't workout quite yet
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    It's working for me. I try to avoid processed foods and I cook a lot, even though it's mostly just for myself. I have not been to a fast food place since August and I really don't miss it. I eat a lot more fish and fresh fruits and veg; I don't waste time, money or calories on junk. I gave up diet soda. I pay close attention to my macros, specifically protein, fiber and sodium.

I am in this for the long haul, the rest of my life... so I made a lifestyle change, it's not just about losing weight for me. It's time to take good care of myself and I'm not going back. I feel better than I have in years. :smile:

^^This exactly!

It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle, and once you've tried clean eating for awhile, you'll feel the benefits from it. Improving your HEALTH means more than dropping a few pounds. Just because you're at a normal weight doesn't mean you have a clean bill of health. For one, I know my high cholesterol has lowered drastically in 4 months time….this is proof enough. The weight-loss is an added bonus.

Way to go for anyone who's up for the change! It's worth trying out!! If it's not for you, you really haven't wasted anything. Good luck!

Oh, and a big thank-you to those that commented on my posting! Feeling the love! :heart:
  • kegbail
    kegbail Posts: 47
    Options
    bump for later
  • Pamelaniamh
    Pamelaniamh Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have lost 180lbs by eating absolutely no fast food, minimal processed foods, no red meat, no sweetened drinks (sugar or alternative sweeteners...so no soda, no energy drinks, no lipton ice tea...nothing!) I will on occasion have a cup of plain black coffee, and the occasional beer with friends the rest is just water (between 3-5 liters daily).

I eat very very very fresh, and have been for the last 18 months...and YES it is possible. No I do not feel deprived. Yes sometimes I will sneak a bite of my kids food (just to remember why I've changed :wink: ) just like anything in life some days are better/worse than others, but if you are committed it is very possible!

:flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart: Allison:heart::heart: :heart: :flowerforyou:

me too! :flowerforyou:

You're one of my Mfp SHEROs!!!!! You ROCK, period and I'm so very proud of you!!!! :smooched:
  • stephcampbell77
    Options
    I have lost 180lbs by eating absolutely no fast food, minimal processed foods, no red meat, no sweetened drinks (sugar or alternative sweeteners...so no soda, no energy drinks, no lipton ice tea...nothing!) I will on occasion have a cup of plain black coffee, and the occasional beer with friends the rest is just water (between 3-5 liters daily).

I eat very very very fresh, and have been for the last 18 months...and YES it is possible. No I do not feel deprived. Yes sometimes I will sneak a bite of my kids food (just to remember why I've changed :wink: ) just like anything in life some days are better/worse than others, but if you are committed it is very possible!

That is pure dedication, awesome work!
  • NanzyBoek
    NanzyBoek Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I started eating clean January and lost 20pds in 6 weeks. I also worked out a ton, cut out the booze, etc. Im now considered "average" and I love it lol.
    I have all of Tosca Reno's books and subscribe to clean eating. Im a foodie and by cooking myself (i was take out Queen) I really got to try a bunch of new flavours. After a couple of months and some epic cooking fails, I have a reciepe box full of meals that I dont consider diet foods.
    Energy is threw the roof.
    Do it.
  • shakespearessister
    Options
    I eat clean, gluten free, and organic. I had my fourth child in 5 years, so exercise time is limited. I lost 55 pounds just by logging calories and eating clean. No exercise. I'm now trying to tone and get more fit as my baby gets older and I get more of a chance to exercise.
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    To quote Crystal_Pistol, "If it doesn't have *kitten* on it, it's clean!" Okay, I might have left out a mofo or two. Or five.

Seriously. Food is clean. You want a realistic success story, just ask those of us who've lost the weight.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I started eating clean January and lost 20pds in 6 weeks. I also worked out a ton, cut out the booze, etc. Im now considered "average" and I love it lol.
    I have all of Tosca Reno's books and subscribe to clean eating. Im a foodie and by cooking myself (i was take out Queen) I really got to try a bunch of new flavours. After a couple of months and some epic cooking fails, I have a reciepe box full of meals that I dont consider diet foods.
    Energy is threw the roof.
    Do it.

Wonderful--you so ROCK! I too am beginning to dabble in cooking "clean" too. I have collected a ton of vegetarian/vegan/raw cookbooks over the years, as I always in my heart wanted to eat the way I am now (and want to forever more), but always found some excuse not too. I'm also looking forward to using my Wok and grill much more too! Speaking of new flavors, adding a bunch of organic herbs and spices to steamed/woked veggies are the YUM to me now and using raw coconut butter instead of dairy butter is so YUMMY to me--I love it and the more I eat and drink this way, the less my cravings for sugars and S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) foods gets more and more unattractive/unapealling to me and the more I'm craving fruits and veggies--it's nothing less than tremendous and amazing to and for me--because I'm feeling so much better and younger (somehow) and the weight&inches dropping is just the side benefit to and for me.
  • beckysiz
    beckysiz Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I try and eat as clean as possible. Whole foods, organic and grassfed/pastured meats. The better the food you put into your body the better you body will feel.
  • Hazel9999
    Hazel9999 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    wow, ure looking good girl, well done what a difference::flowerforyou:
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Keep your stories coming! Love it!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I started eating mostly clean and never felt better
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Keep your stories coming! Love it!

Yes, please do!
  • crissygm
    crissygm Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump
  • somanyrhoades
    somanyrhoades Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    In all honesty I have probably eaten 50% clean for the past 2 years or so, but that wasn't enough! With me it wasn't so much that I started cutting things out of my diet, but I started added a ton more clean foods to my diet... veggies, fruit, nuts, legumes, freen range meat etc... As I started added these things to my diet, there suddenly wasn't a need to add butter, sugar and salt to everything on my plate. My cravings stopped after the first couple weeks. I still get cravings for processed food once in a while, but they are not as intense and they are shorter-lived. More often now I find myself getting smacked with cravings for things that are good for me... for 2 days I wanted nothing but kale smoothies and today I HAD to run to the grocery store for a sweet potato (kid you not, it was silly). Fatigue, bloating, and daily heartburn are completely gone, my skin looks great and my digestion has improved immensely. I am down 11 pounds so far, I don't feel deprived, I feel amazing! I would say my diet is 95% clean now. I do still eat a few processed things like cheese, but I try to make sure it's organic, free range and raw. Added bonus... I have learned how to cook so many new and delicious things using herbs! And people will argue with you saying a calorie is a calorie, which is true, but clean food is much better for you in the long run because your getting all the compounds/nutrients that are good for your body that "dirty" food just doesn't have. There is a wealth of research being conducted world wide on the specific compositions in specific fruits and veggies and how they benefit us.
  • forrestgumpx
    forrestgumpx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Here is my ongoing revolutionary transformation. It's very rigorous and radical. It's not suitable for everybody but it works for me, in a constructive healthy way.

Male. 172cm / 5.58ft
    Starting weight: 77.7kg / 171.3 lbs

First Goal: 69 kg / 152.1 lbs in 60 days but achieved it in 40 days :D

Adjusted Goal: 65 kg / 143.3 lbs excluding muscle gain in 48 days, i'd have to lower my fat% from 19 to 10-12 (wild guess)

Method:
    * Low-Carb Diet - switched from unhealthy food to absolutely 100% clean food.
    * Switched from doing nothing to 7 days of sport per week. 3 hours per day. (yes, you've read that right)

Principles:
    Stopped drinking alcohol at work (DJs tend to party and drink....)
    Drink water and green tea only
    Eating 1.5 kg / 3.3 lb vegetables per day
    Eating 1 kg / 2,2 lb fish and lean meat per day
    4-5 eggs per day.
    500 gram / 1.1 lb cottage cheese / lean quark/curts per day (whatever the English translation might be)
    Not using oliv oil anymore for cooking.
    Not using salt
    Not eating fruit (carbs)
    Not eating bread, rice, pasta
    1 multivitamine & mineral pill per day
    1 magnesium & calcium tablet per day
    Eat 6x per day with max 3 hours in between.

Sport Notes:
    * 60 minutes interval-training running. 5-14.5 km/h (3-9 mp/h) around 2 minutes for straight 60 minutes.
    or
    * 30 minutes Higher Interval training running 6 - 9.9 mp/h around 2 minutes.
    * 1 to 1.5 hour of strength training.
    * 0.5 hour of light cardio or sometimes i skip this.

Results:
    * mental health, it feels great.
    * amazing noticeable body transformation results. nice benefit as well
    * losing fat at an amazing rate. 3.08 lb per week. constructively, no crash diet.

And I tend to step up my game by doing High Interval Training combined with strength.

Too many years I lived a bit unhealthy. Somehow I was aware of that but didn't took any action.

And now, I'm very happy I did.

Life is more fun eating healthy and being healthy. Hope my story inspire others. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'd like to stay in touch with like-minded, it'll keep each other motivated :)
  • Alkirra
    Alkirra Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've cooked from scratch for many years, I'm fact in The 1980's I was involved In pioneering the organic foods market, threw growing organics on a farm and writing articles for grass roots magazine.
    I still eat clean and I still cook from scratch. In my life it was ageing and not expending enough energy to what I was eating and drinking. (Drinks meaning alcohol and soda/ soft drink / wine). Food means al acart'e with no mind for how much cheese to get the flavour happening or how much oil was needed to make it ll happen. A conscious and yet unconscious cook.

Loosening my waist line and getting fitter has become another passion and I think I've succeeded.

I've lost 30 kilo / 66 pounds I've just turned 50 and I feel great! I eat clean 85 % of any one day and every day counts toward a lifetime. good luck I hope you can do what I have done, you won't regret it!
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I eat "clean" and have lost 41 pounds in around 6-8 months or so, but I've been plateaued for quite a bit.

But to me "clean" means no/very little processed carbohydrates, artificial anything, etc. It does not mean I don't eat meat, greek yogurt, etc. I try to follow the "outside of the store" rule as well as read every ingredient in the things I put in my body.

I DO eat junk food occasionally, especially if I go to a restaurant. I am not paying 12 dollars to eat a wilty salad. Those are the days when I let my hair down, but I also know that I will be right back to clean eating the next day. Doing this helps me to avoid any type of "binge" eating and continues to never make me feel like I'm dieting or can't enjoy myself. I also have NEVER missed a day of logging and am sure to hit my macros.

Edit: I should also add in the EMOTIONAL benefit of clean eating. You feel WONDERFUL by viewing food as fuel, seeing what energizes you and what doesn't, etc. By clean eating I felt like I actually had purpose, that I wasn't just wasting planetary space (A little extreme, I know.. ha) but it really changed my outlook on life.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!