My NSV at Express!!

Options
Jemmuno
Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
So, I'm an accounting major at my university and we have a conference coming up. Therefore I have been in need of getting a new business professional outfit. I've actually been dreading this because when I started this journey in January I was a size 14 and really hated how I looked in clothes. So, shopping is a dreaded affair for me. I have however been able to fit into some of my size 12 pants lately, but they have been a bit snug this was about 2 weeks ago.

Anyways, I walk into a mall and they had an Express store. I go in and tell the woman helping me what I needed and my sizes, a size 12 jacket and size 12 pants. So, she hands me the jacket that is a size 12 and goes to grab the pants. She comes back and tells me, "I figured I'd grab a size 10P, because you really don't look like a size 12 to me." In my head I'm thinking oh great these aren't going to fit, but okay, I'll humor this lady.

AMAZINGLY!! I tried them on and I have gone from a size 14 to a size 10 since January! After that I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of my shopping experience that day.

Replies

• suzely0530
    suzely0530 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful....CONGRATULATIONS !!
  • TXPIP
    TXPIP Posts: 10
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS....that is a great accomplishment! Keep up the good work.:smooched:
  • triggsta
    triggsta Posts: 140
    Options
    Congrats! The best feeling is when your clothes sizes go down :)
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I love Express so much, but need to lose some weight to fit back into what I own from there.
  • alwalker01
    alwalker01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    super job keep it up..congratulations to you!!!!
  • HollyTsab
    HollyTsab Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • itsHealthy
    itsHealthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Oh my! Congratulations!
    It's an awesome feeling to fit into smaller sizes!!!. You must be so proud of urself! Keep it up!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I love that type of NSV! Great Job and such positive re-enforcement! Happy Day! :happy:
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Wonderful NSV. And what makes it even more sweet is the saleslady could look at you and know that your "expected size 12" was too big. No need to ask if people can tell you've been successful!
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I can't shop at Express (my 18's are too baggy, I'm almost a 16), but I can't wait until I can.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That's awesome news
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! :flowerforyou:
  • Steph13RN
    Steph13RN Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!

So happy for you!! What an amazing feeling!! You must be on cloud 9!!
  • ShutterBugMomof2
    Options
    Wooohooo! I bet that was the BEST FEELING EVER!!! Great NSV!!!
  • belleparis
    belleparis Posts: 111
    Options
    That's amazing and awesome. Hang on to that feeling of accomplishment. great job :)
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    That's amazing work! And fitting into a size 10 at Express is like a size 8 everywhere else! Lol.
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're making great progress.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    that's awesome. whenever i go down a pant size i walk around with a huge smile that day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!