Recovery from an ED CAN happen!

Options
I'm uploading these now before the horror of what I'm doing kicks in! I've been in recovery from Anorexia for 10 months now and wanted to upload these progress pictures to show what recovery looks like (plus an extra 20 pounds!)
I started at 90 pounds with a BMI of 14.6 - shocking I know. 11 months later my BMI is up to 18.5 - I'm at healthy weight, low I know but still healthy.

The before photos were taken at 94 pounds - it had taken me 4 months to put on those 4 pounds because I was determined to fight against anyone who tried to get me well. I have on US size 0 tops that hang off me! I hate the collar bones sticking out, my matchstick arms, and the fact I can see the bones and jaw line in my face - I look older and just nothing like me.
Things changed, and the after photos are of me today. I hope the difference is visible otherwise I've still got a lot of work to do!

I cannot stand looking at the photos of when I was at my lowest weight, and now I've uploaded them for everyone to see! I have none of me at 90 pounds because I couldn't bear to have photos taken. They aren't attractive and I didn't upload them to to glorify ED's. I uploaded them to show that whilst recovery is hard and a constant fight, it can happen.

http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/katherinelangley/media/SDC15417_zpsdbb2021a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/katherinelangley/media/SDC15417_zps58eff1a5.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/katherinelangley/media/SDC15402_zps3b211b7b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/katherinelangley/media/SDC15403_zps910dd376.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

Today

http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/katherinelangley/media/Untitled_zps018061e0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/katherinelangley/media/SDC13970_zpsbe291b3c.jpg.html?state=replace

Replies

• Kashmir09
    Kashmir09 Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi .. you need to grab the link on photobucket that has img in square brackets [img]at the beginning and end of the link - be sure to make the img lower case otherwise it won't work :) Oh and congrats even before seeing your pics :)[/img]
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT! So much healthier, and your skin just GLOWS!
  • orange_you_glad
    orange_you_glad Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look beautiful -- happy and healthy. I watched my mom struggle with anorexia for years, and I know just how hard it is. You have SO MUCH to be proud of!
  • longingforcontrol
    Options
    Wow so much respect for you!! You look gorgeous. thank you for this post, thank you for giving hope to others. You did incredible.
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely beautiful!! I hope your story will help others struggling see that they can overcome it! What an inspiration!!
  • laurajcrampton
    Options
    You look so much healthier and happier! (I imagine you'll feel the same too!) Good luck with maintaining, I know you can do it! And well done for doing so well :)
    My fiancé's best friends little sister passed away last year at the age of 19 due to anorexia... I do understand that it is very difficult to deal with, and I'm so happy that you've managed to overcome it :-) xxx
  • andrederosier
    andrederosier Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Excellent work on your recovery. Health means so much more than a number on the scale and you proved it. A little copy and paste for photos and new you looks SOOOOO much healthier and attractive. I hope you find the right balance for you.
  • rissaface
    rissaface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You are look absolutely AMAZING! You've done an awesome job. Congratulations! :)
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Your skin looks so good, and you look a lot healthier, and happier. You also look SMOKIN' with dark hair, just saying.

I'm on the road to recovering from ED-NOS, and it's challenging but it's been so worth it. I hope you continue and keep feeling good. <3
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    I'm uploading these now before the horror of what I'm doing kicks in! I've been in recovery from Anorexia for 10 months now and wanted to upload these progress pictures to show what recovery looks like (plus an extra 20 pounds!)
    I started at 90 pounds with a BMI of 14.6 - shocking I know. 11 months later my BMI is up to 18.5 - I'm at healthy weight, low I know but still healthy.

The before photos were taken at 94 pounds - it had taken me 4 months to put on those 4 pounds because I was determined to fight against anyone who tried to get me well. I have on US size 0 tops that hang off me! I hate the collar bones sticking out, my matchstick arms, and the fact I can see the bones and jaw line in my face - I look older and just nothing like me.
    Things changed, and the after photos are of me today. I hope the difference is visible otherwise I've still got a lot of work to do!

I cannot stand looking at the photos of when I was at my lowest weight, and now I've uploaded them for everyone to see! I have none of me at 90 pounds because I couldn't bear to have photos taken. They aren't attractive and I didn't upload them to to glorify ED's. I uploaded them to show that whilst recovery is hard and a constant fight, it can happen.

SDC15403_zps910dd376.jpg

SDC15417_zpsdbb2021a.jpg

Today

Untitled_zps018061e0.jpg

SDC13970_zpsbe291b3c.jpg

Hopefully this fixed the pics. You look wonderful!
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    It worked and you look great!!! Congratulations!

Do you know how many people clicked this thread hoping ED stood for something else? :laugh:
  • kimleroy
    kimleroy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You are doing SO well! I love having you as a friend, you are always so positive and focused on health! You look fantastic and I know you've worked so hard for this; be proud!
  • Can_Change_Natalie
    Can_Change_Natalie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Well Done, you look fantastic and so much healther now
  • ValleyNikki
    Options
    This is awesome !! Your a vey strong person !! Your story makes me happy and gives me hope as im new to recovery .
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    The change is astounding, beautiful, and gives life to hope and inspiration. Thank you. Thank you so much for sharing your story!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful. Stay strong and be proud of yourself.
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    Wow, I am very happy for you! You truly are an inspiration to those of us who have struggled with and are recovering from eating disorders. Thanks so much for sharing. Keep it up, you're beautiful!
  • pienthesky32
    pienthesky32 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You look vibrant and healthy, great job on your hard work and hope influence others to never give up.
  • LilEmm
    LilEmm Posts: 240
    Options
    Much respect to you! Thank you for sharing.

*When I first saw this thread I saw ED and thought erectile dysfunction....?!? Clearly, I spend wayyy too much time watching commercials on the Sports Channel! :P*
  • DLSlim
    DLSlim Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm so very happy for you! You look incredible now - you're physically glowing!

Healthy looks good on you. <3

I'm struggling with my very slow recovery from ED-NOS. Seeing your incredible victory made me so happy and filled me with hope.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!