Single Digits!!

Options
So I'll probably never forget the day I bought my first size 10s and really KNEW without being able to deny it that I'd been steadily gaining weight since I got married. Since I've been working hard with MFP the more recent 12/13s and then the older 10s were getting bigger and bigger and bigger... so today I decided to risk it and go shopping.

And I'll probably also never forget what it felt like to buy SINGLE DIGITS again and know without doubt that I am succeeding!! I bought a new pair of capris and a skirt - both in a size 8 (at Ross - have to buy the cheap stuff when you're hoping it won't fit soon!). I haven't lost enough that I have drastic before and after pics or people constantly telling me that I look different - but I'll take the ability to buy that size 8 any day. :) It's a personal victory of the best kind.

I *heart* MFP!!

Replies

• questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! As someone who wore a 10/12 through most of high school and college, single-digit sizes seemed impossibly small. The first time in my adult life that I purchased a size 8 jeans I felt like I had walked into bizarro world! I'm so happy that you have those little signs of progress. The little bits do add up!
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I, too, can't wait until I'm back in the single digits (and not buying XL button down tops to cover my too big boobs)! I just dread the money I'll be spending going from a 13/14 back to my (hopeful) 6!
  • fozzy33
    fozzy33 Posts: 72
    Options
    Congrats to you!!!!!!!!!!

I went from a size 24 and Im currently in a 10...I feel so happy and healthy and Im content where Im at now. Would like to lose another 10lbs but its gotten VERY hard to drop pounds...since Ive now lost 90lbs total (I lost 17 before I joined MFP)

I workout almost everyday and my 15 minute sessions (when I began!) have now become anywhere from an hour to two hours LOL.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • melissaogdenrhode
    Options
    I can't wait till I'm single digits again....it's been at least 13 years since that day...but the scale's going down and my clothes in my closet are, like you, getting too big and I'm dreading going to the stores... maybe I'll get a belt first....

WAY TO GO!!!!! IT'S A BIG THING YOU DID!!!!! *SMILES* *WHOOTS & HOLLERS* ! ! !
  • edinbors
    edinbors Posts: 112
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!! Also I LOVE ROSS Store!!! Love it! Don't have one here but there is one 2 1/2 hours away! When I reach my goal I am shopping there!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    that's great!
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    congratulations!! :) Well done x
  • MandyKayFrench
    MandyKayFrench Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the support - it's been tough and I'm not done yet but I love that MFP gives a way to share the little successes that all add up for all of us!

Here's too our future ones!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!