Protein Powder

Options
For women......If you use it, what kind do you use?

Replies

• mittens6395
    Options
    I like Optimum whey protein in a powder. I also have EAS ready to drink on hand when I need something quick and convenient. If you get some check the label. Some proteins are meal replacements with higher fat, carbs, and sugars. I like my protein powder only protein so I can snack on my carbs and not accumulate too many unknowingly. Whey metabolizes faster than Casein. Casein is good (if you dont mind purchasing two proteins) to drink when you won't have additional calories coming in for awhile (such as bedtime).
  • Majenwen
    Majenwen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like Dream Protein by Greens First - 20g protein, no fat, low carb, no sugar, hormone-whey whey protein. It was recommended to me by a nutritionist :)

I drink it in the morning for breakfast and after workouts - sometimes just mixed with water, other times I'll make a smoothie with flax seed, almond butter, soy milk, strawberries, etc.
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    bump.

I am in the market for some gluten free protein powder that doesn't taste like chalk.
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rubytOU
    rubytOU Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. Its a whey protein isolate. Most of the flavors are pretty good. Current: Vanilla ice cream. I've also used Dymatize whey/casein blend. And an all natural one called About Time that one of my trainers is a rep for. They are all pretty decent. About Time is "pricey-er" than the others.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress Vanilla Whey Protein. I usually mix it with some natural peanut butter, vanilla almond milk, and cocoa powder for an awesome dessert alternative.
  • MrsSki38
    MrsSki38 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Syntrax Nectar in Fuzzy Navel or Strawberry Kiwi. Whey based, no carbs. Mixes and tastes just like juice. 1 scoop is 25g protein (I think). I was using 1.5 scoops, mixing with 8-10oz of room temp water, add ice and a straw, however, noticed that 1.5 scoops was making me feel kinda of pukey so I scaled back to 1.25 scoops. I buy it on Amazon as it's cheaper. comes in a 2 lb tub.
  • aarikadanielle
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein, is my favorite! 24g of protein, 2g sugar!
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Based on my trainer's preference, I just started using Max Pro (Google that for details). It's gluten free, low in carbs (15:1 protein to carb ratio), 30 grams of protein in a 130 cal serving. I've only had it in chocolate and liked it. You can mix it straight in water, or milk (add those calories to your serving), or you can make into a smoothie. My trainer says he also mixes the powder into his coffee, or his cereal, and even puts it in a banana bread recipe to add proteins.