Hovering scale!

Options
I've been eating really well! I've upped my protein, cut processed carbs, eating my veggies, measure every thing I eat, drink plenty of water (even though I don't log it) and lead an active lifestyle. Yet the scale still hovers! I'm 34 years old and only 5 ft tall. I'd really appreciate any help/advice anyone has. My diary should be viewable to everyone to see exactly what I'm eating.

Replies

• rfuchs
    rfuchs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well, a quick glance through your food diary shows you going over your fat intake every day with the exception of one in the last week. I would take a look at that. Also, are you exercising at all?
  • pinktina27
    Options
    Yes, I exercise 3-4 days a week (30 day shred and running) i just dont regularly log it because i gain weight if i eat back my exercise calories :( plus I clean houses for a living so my days are filled with movement and cardio
  • EMAXWELLW
    EMAXWELLW Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look like you're eating enough calories. You are dangerously close to 1200 almost daily and you should never go under 1200, period. Try upping the calories for at least 2 weeks and see if that helps.
  • thatcrazykat
    thatcrazykat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    How many weeks have you been logging and what is your average weight loss per week? A glance at your diary shows you over on fat often. I would definitely reduce that to include mostly fats from avocado, olive oil, nuts. Make sure you are eating lean meats. As you adjust your intake, your body needs to catch up to that so make sure whatever you adjust you are giving it 2 weeks to take effect.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    my first thought was your going way over in fat as well but then i started to notice you're not really eating any true protein (lean chicken, pork, etc). most of your protein is coming from cheese/peanut butter/protein shakes. do you not log your water intake either?

i'm 40 and only 4' 11-3/4".

edit to add: i just saw where you said you don't log your exercise which means your calorie total is way less than what you show - not good. you'll want to increase your eating with good healthy food. real eggs, lean meat, good fat this will help you loose the weight.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    If you're generally only eating around 1200 calories a day, you probably aren't eating enough. Especially considering that you work a fairly active job and exercise multiple times a week on top of that without eating back any exercise calories, your net intake is probably really low. Maybe your body just doesn't want to let go of any more weight with so little fuel.