Trying again...

Options
A few years ago I managed to loose some weight, my lowest was about 180 and I was really happy. I was pretty much fueled by my depression and stubbornness to not be depressed; I was sick of feeling lonely and horrible. I know most people think 180 is still high but it was good for me, I have been big my entire life.
Then I met the most wonderful man who called me beautiful and I felt good about myself for the first time since puberty. I lost my drive to diet and we both managed to gain about 50 pounds in 2 years. Now, we are both trying to loose weight. My doctor has warned me that I could be at risk for diabetes if I keep gaining weight and there is no way I will let that happen.
Right now I'm getting ready to give my Master's Dissertation. Working on my thesis definitely helped me put on weight with the stress and the constrained hours. There really isn't anything healthy to eat at midnight and I'm usually too tired to cook.
I go to a Zumba class once a week and a "total body workout" class once a week on the 2 days I go to work (they host the classes there for us, which is really nice). Using the calorie counter app has let me see just how much I've been eating and hopefully with those 2 things combined I'll be able to loose weight. I also take my dog for walks every day that I can.

Replies

• minkychan
    minkychan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Going to the classes, walking the dog, and just getting up and about is a great way to start off towards your goal.

Good luck with the dissertation and feel free to add me! :heart: :heart: :heart: