If you have to 18 to be on MFP...

Options
then why do people get reported for the dumbest things? By being over 18 I'm sure that we've all heard and said a swear in our lives and we've all seen certain parts of the anatomy by now. I'm not saying I want this place to be x rated but geez, I'm getting so annoyed at all of the reporting. I personally think having that little button there when you read a post is overkill. If you are that offended I'm sure you'd seek out a way to report the post. Not agreeing with an idea does not justify a report, not liking what someone says does not justify a report. Just click your home tab and don't read it....

Replies

• Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    i blame Obama.. Wait...edit edit edit, I dont want my 3rd strike.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options

LOL.

OP I agree with you.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    When you're under 18, its likely that you're still growing. So dieting is a baaad idea. Nothing to do with swear words etc!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I don't think the 18 thing is a restriction due to adult maturity levels and allowing of mature content to pass.

I think it's to protect the under 18s from all the horny mofos (female and male alike) who would latch on to them and convince them to send junk mail.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    People are so coddled that they've never encountered a sarcastic/opposing viewpoint before they got to the internet:

or

People have no handle on themselves and thus fly into random tearful rages in public about mean people like they do here.

Entertaining, but baffling.
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    When you're under 18, its likely that you're still growing. So dieting is a baaad idea. Nothing to do with swear words etc!

Personally, I think the age limit should be moved down to 16. I don't think dieting as a teen is necessarily a bad idea, as long as it's done the right way, like many MFP members on here are trying to do. Many teens (and younger!) are overweight these days, and if they want to take responsibility for their health, then we should let them. One of my best friends (and still close friends) growing up was overweight the whole time I'd known her. When she was about 15 and tired of all the teasing and bullying, she went to her mom and asked for help. Her mom helped her with her daily diet and got her exercising and she dropped the weight. This also prompted her mom to become a personal trainer and she mainly works with teenagers. I would've even gone to her if it wasn't so expensive :indifferent:
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options
    I'm staying away from the forums. Fiddlesticks, I don't want to get reported for being a wise acre! Golly gee, it's so frustrating!
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    If you seen my inbox, you would think that the mods have a thing for me.

Edit- JUST KIDDING, IM SORRY
  • JenniferMary_9169
    Options
    I can't use some of my fav words on here, and it totally bums me out. What the starts F + "rhymes with muckity" is wrong with peeps?!? Seeing swear words is REALLY going to upset someone soooo much that it might derail his/her whole fitness journey?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Becase MFP owns the site and gets to decide what kind of content they do/do not want to allow on their site. I'm sure as this is a fitness/food tracking site they want to make sure someone is of age (18) in the sense that they are not promoting eating habits in children or liable for children.

Additionally im sure there are adult themes/scenerios on this site that will inevitably happen. Nothing like letting some 16 year old jailbait type girl get hit on by 40 year old men! :drinker:

No, but seriously, they created this site for a very specific purpose. They didn't create a dating site, facebook, myspace, whatever. They own it, they decide.

From a liability standpoint if i owned MFP i would probably do it that way too.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    then why do people get reported for the dumbest things? By being over 18 I'm sure that we've all heard and said a swear in our lives and we've all seen certain parts of the anatomy by now. I'm not saying I want this place to be x rated but geez, I'm getting so annoyed at all of the reporting. I personally think having that little button there when you read a post is overkill. If you are that offended I'm sure you'd seek out a way to report the post. Not agreeing with an idea does not justify a report, not liking what someone says does not justify a report. Just click your home tab and don't read it....

so... being an adult is about being able to cuss and be nude? I'm pretty sure I used to cuss a lot before I hit 18 and far before 18 I was almost always naked.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    It probably has less to do with the swearing and more to do with the fact that adults prey on those who are not "of age" on sites like this.
  • bugs5697
    bugs5697 Posts: 85
    Options
    I needed ALL of this today...every last one of you and your vulgarity, or is it sincerity, I can't quite tell.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Teenagers are still growing...their energy requirements are not the same.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    luls at Cr01502
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

Because people are big fat meanie heads.... or is it baby cry's? Either way, people are way too sensitive...
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    With an entire generation that grew up on the Internet, you'd think we'd have a better appreciation of sarcasm obnoxious fun behavior. The young ones should be primed for it with us old guys insulted at the lack of boundaries.

Instead, we've got a steady stream of whinny-*kitten*, entitled not to be offended, humor free meatcicles running around demanding respect for ideas that are worse than useless.

and BTW,

13170-get-off-my-lawn.jpg
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Because MFP wants the world to be like this:

2cn6x46.jpg

Whereas we all know the world is really like this:

w6uwqa.jpg
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options