Off Beat

Options
I've been feeling a bit off-beat lately. I'm moving at the end of the month, things with my roomate didn't work out and the stress of moving and dealing with her has been a lot. You add the stress of fiscal year end at work and other important projects I'm on overload. I just don't feel like doing anything lately but I keep going. Yesterday, I did go for my 48 minute run with my group (I may be one of the slowest but I'm out there training for the upcoming 10k). And I'm back on track with my eating. But I just feel off.

Just a moment ago, my heart was beating so fast with my old roomate sending me facebook messages about me moving out, she wants to do 2 walk throughs with our landlord even though i'm in the mist of moving. 8 days till i get the keys to my new place, so i'm packing and my stuff is all over the place. Let me note that she's not been living at our place for over 2 months and due to her financial situation or bf she's decided to move out. Either way, her attitude towards me as a friend hasn't been nice or mature. I keep hoping that April will arrive, that I'll be in my new place, work will be settled and the roomate will be out of my life. It's just been alot at once and I hate how everyone at work and home can tell that i'm not myself. It's harder when people notice that you're off-beat.

Just trying to get back on track and deal with it all in a calm matter is tough. I do find myself just staring off into space lately, not too motivated at work to get things done. Should I just keep aiming for those 10 more days till the desk settles or does anyone have another opinion on how to deal.

Replies

• VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Ugh....I so feel for you.
    Focus on the basics....you probably will feel a bit off until it's done.
    Good job on the run.....it'll help with the stress....
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    Swedish massage with Hans should clear up any stress.
  • ckkoski
    ckkoski Posts: 10
    Options
    You seem like a super sweet person so just find peace in knowing that you're almost there!

In general I am a high-stress person and don't cope with it very well, so lately I've been looking more into how to deal with it. My work is cyclical so I have periods of quiet and then periods where it becomes my life 24/7 for several weeks at a time. One of the main themes seem to be to only worry about the things you can control. If you can't control it, don't waste time worrying. Your roomie sounds like a jerk, try your best not to let her get under your skin. Only worry about the things you are responsible for regarding the place and let her deal with her own business. You are still in control of your diet and your exercise plan.

Look forward to the positive! I am sure your new place is going to be heavenly and peaceful in comparison to the nightmare that you're in now. Surviving her craziness will just be another one of your many accomplishments!