the reward system.....suggestions?

Options
i notice some of my friends use rewards for certain goals for more motivation! what do you think is more effective? Rewards every 10 pounds or do you increase the amount of weight you have to lose to get the next reward? What are some rewards you think would be great motivation?

OTHER THAN FOOD!!!

Replies

• Maxwell911
    Options
    I think every five pounds would be a good idea. I would suggest pedicures, manicures, major milestones such as 25, 50 or making it below a certain number . . .something bigger, like a massage, night at a bed and breakfast, new hairstyle, etc. I think anything that makes you feel beautiful would be a great reward.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    spa treatments (mani, pedi, haircut, anything to make you feel more attractive)

fitness accesories (new workout clothes, new videos, a bike, rollarblades, a bosu, or anything else to help you work toward you fitness goals)
  • lisaosumarie
    Options
    Mani, pedi, new clothes, hair cut/color...
  • papersparrow
    papersparrow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I suppose the reward system varies depending on your personality. My rewards are things like books, electronics, a new laptop cooling tray.

As for how and when you receive them, I think rewarding short and long goals alike is a good way to go about it. Have incremental rewards (small ones) and then larger ones for milestone goals (quarter-way, halfway, three quarters way to target weight) and then a big present when you reach your target weight goal.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have a garnet ring on layaway at a jewelers and when I hit 50 pounds total off I get the ring. Hopefully paying it off will coincide with the weight loss. I will pick up the ring on August 30th so I am counting on losing 24 more pounds by then. I have given myself a few items of jewelery for 10 pounds and then 20 pounds. I made myself a charm bracelet with charms that are significant to my weight loss journey. Sometimes I reward myself for things like going out of town and sticking with my plan or when I have a rough week I get a pedicure. I don't reward myself with food ever.:flowerforyou:
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I wanted to reward myself at the big milestones since I havent made it to them in the past. I am making myself wait longer for the first reward, but it will be every 20 lbs after that. I dont agree with rewards of food though (however dinner out with special people is different).

You should set them at milestones that you feel comfortable with and make em something that will be truely a reward to you.
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    I chose some active rewards because they are things I enjoyed doing when I was healthier, and it will encourage further success. I chose a day at the spa for my half way mark because I have actually never been to the spa, like ever~ It really does depend on your goals and your personality, as others have said. I chose every 10 pounds because even at 2 lbs a week, thats 5 weeks between rewards and rewards are meant to keep us motivated :)