Don't know crap about NCAA...so who's going to win?

Options
aliciagetshealthy
aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
We're setting up an office pool, and as usual, I can't resist...but I don't know crap about college basketball. So, tell me - who's going to win?! Your guess is as good as mine, so I'll take whatever team has the most votes for the win!

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Pick the team with the cutest uniforms.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    The Boston Celtics.
  • goldenboy2532
    Options
    The way it works for me is whoever I bet against ends up winning
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Da Bears.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Iowa State?
  • aliciagetshealthy
    Options
    Sooooooo you guys don't watch college basketball either eh? =) I could go with the old coin flip method, but geez that's a lot of games. Is it football season yet?
  • aliciagetshealthy
    Options

I may have to resort to this method. It would be nice if they'd all just line up for me.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I may have to resort to this method. It would be nice if they'd all just line up for me.

That's my problem... I don't have time to look up the uniforms and judge them accordingly, so I'm just going against the city I hate the most.

<
    Glass half empty
  • aliciagetshealthy
    Options

That's my problem... I don't have time to look up the uniforms and judge them accordingly, so I'm just going against the city I hate the most.

<
    Glass half empty

*refill*

I can't even identify which city 40% of these teams are in...and my give-a-crap level is pretty low. Maybe I should just start by eliminating the never heard of you before's first.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i've watched at least 3-4 college basketball games a week every week since the season started. That doesn't mean i know who will win... but what's my cut if I share info and you end up winning?
  • aliciagetshealthy
    Options
    i've watched at least 3-4 college basketball games a week every week since the season started. That doesn't mean i know who will win... but what's my cut if I share info and you end up winning?

But would your help actually be more valuable than a coin flip or inny meany miney moe?

eta...like to know what exactly I'm bargaining for here =)
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I'm contractually obligated to say Duke. Otherwise half of my male relatives will sense a dissenter in their midst. But as an alternative to the "cute uniform" theory, pick the team with the mascot you like best.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    Options
    I'm contractually obligated to say Duke. Otherwise half of my male relatives will sense a dissenter in their midst. But as an alternative to the "cute uniform" theory, pick the team with the mascot you like best.

Mascots would actually be an interesting way to pick...but again, too much time and it's only 10 bucks a person...I'm just not that invested :tongue:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

But would your help actually be more valuable than a coin flip or inny meany miney moe?

i would say that i would probably get more correct than if you flipped a coin for every single game. I have won a few NCAA Tournament pools in the past. My guesses aren't always great. Sometimes they turn out to be awful. But i do think i can beat a coin or eenie meeny miney moe
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I live for March Madness!
    **** Vitale is a knowitall college Bball wizard, I'd use him as a source.
    Go here to see his picks http://www.****vitaleonline.com/****s-picks.html
    He starts off with Round of 32, so the teams in that round are his picks that won their first game in the Round of 64. Make sense?
    He also lists his picks below the bracket.

Wow I can't even say the guys first name! WTF. Bypassing the swear filter the asterisks are the word D[/b]ick
  • aliciagetshealthy
    Options

i would say that i would probably get more correct than if you flipped a coin for every single game. I have won a few NCAA Tournament pools in the past. My guesses aren't always great. Sometimes they turn out to be awful. But i do think i can beat a coin or eenie meeny miney moe

*thank you for the correct spelling of eenie meeny miney moe...I knew mine was wrong and it was driving me crazy*

Ok, so it seems your credentials are better than a coin flip. I've actually used a small piece of my brain and already selected through round 3 based on rankings with a couple of upsets (which always seem to happen) thrown in.

So what will it cost me for a Sweet 16 evaluation, with an "eh, it's possible" or "are you out of your mind! they don't have a chance"?

*edited for typo*
  • brians_girl_89
    brians_girl_89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Gonzaga!!
  • aliciagetshealthy
    Options
    I live for March Madness!
    **** Vitale is a knowitall college Bball wizard, I'd use him as a source.
    Go here to see his picks http://www.****vitaleonline.com/****s-picks.html
    He starts off with Round of 32, so the teams in that round are his picks that won their first game in the Round of 64. Make sense?
    He also lists his picks below the bracket.

Wow I can't even say the guys first name! WTF. Bypassing the swear filter the asterisks are the word D[/b]ick

Interesting. Thank you for this. I'd like to see how everyone else in this office's selections match against this, too.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    Options
    Gonzaga!!

There's already 2 in the office that have this selected as the winner. I just can't bring myself to go there...I do so like to beat these guys.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    Options
    I'm down to the Final 4...Michigan St. vs. Notre Dame and Georgetown vs. Syracuse...now I'm really torn UGH