lap band/southbeach diet/slow weight loss

Options
i've been banded since 2004. i've lost 55 lbs and kept it off - and still need to loose about another 60 or so. i've been following the south beach diet for about a week and also really focusing on 'following my rules' for the lap band. i follow up w/my lap band dr in another week and a half. i am having trouble acutally eating enough. i will probably ask for an UN-FILL. i know if a person doesn't eat enough, their body acutally shuts down on weight loss. any thoughts - ideas - suggestions??

Replies

• lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I can't comment on the band part, but I was wondering why the South Beach Diet? I tried it and didn't like it. I knew it was something I couldn't stick with long term, and really that's what I want. No diet, just a lifestyle. Maybe this diet is too strict for you. Maybe your doc can help you think of a better meal plan for you
  • amberfeary
    amberfeary Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, yes I am having this issue. I was banded 6 months ago yesterday. I lost 50 lbs so far. But now, I am stalled. The issue I am finding with the band is that is so inconsistant. Either I am too tight or not tight enough. So somedays I am not getting in enough food. But I am afraid to get unfilled a little because I am scared I will lose control with my portions on the days my band decides not to work!! I feel that the band is too complex 90% of the time. I feel so consumed with trying to figure out the band, my body, my mind, foods to eat, when to eat, how to eat, if can I eat,fear of getting stuck, Im so hungry but too tight, etc etc..... ugh... Its frustrating and so much work. I knew I had to do A LOT fo work and changes with my self and life... and I have. I am no where close to who and how I was when it came to food and fitness. I am following the rules, woking out 45 mins 5 days a week, and still, my WL has stalled!! In fact i gained 4 lbs!!! I figured Im not getting in enough calories, so I am here to track them to help me know where I am with intake. --- STILL tracking and obsessing over my food??...even after WLS??!! These are things they do not tell us before we get the LB. This is NOT any easier than how it was when I was dieting on my own. We have an advantage over others who dont have the band, but that does not mean we do not have to struggle still, worry, diet, excercise, and do everything the common person has to do to lose the weight. It seriously is a love hate relationship when it comes to me and the band! haha